I'm going to be getting a dual sport in the next few months and wanted some opinions on the Husqvarna TR650 Terra and the Dr650S. I tried to get on the Honda XR650L but it is too tall. I'm 5'10" and 285 lbs. I will ride probably around 60/40 or 50/50.

DR by far. Husqvarna is higher performance - lighter and more power, but the DR has it in reliability, parts availability, aftermarket support, and ease of maintenance. DR has some real weaknesses but they are easily addressed and then you have a rock solid, fun to ride bike you can take around the world if you like.

DR by far. Husqvarna is higher performance - lighter and more power, but the DR has it in reliability, parts availability, aftermarket support, and ease of maintenance. DR has some real weaknesses but they are easily addressed and then you have a rock solid, fun to ride bike you can take around the world if you like.

Thanks, I've heard good things about the Husky though. I'll try them both out.

• Like 1

I own a DR650 and a mate had an older TE610 - I much prefered it when we swapped bikes! Having said that I have only had one issue with the stator in about 20000 miles so I cant fault the reliability of the DR.