Clutch basket

I have 97 XR 650l and I was looking for an aftermarket clutch basket. Dose anyone know where i can locate one with a good clutch to use.

8 hours ago, brianhare said:

Never,,,,,ever... saw an aftermarket basket available,no one ever made one that I`ve seen in my years working on these bikes.

B

Ok man thanks. sure will make a a big difference if they did. 

Not sure what you would want to gain on an aftermarket basket,,these baskets take a hammering and last really long.

what would you want to gain???

B

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brianhare said:

Not sure what you would want to gain on an aftermarket basket,,these baskets take a hammering and last really long.

what would you want to gain???

B

The one i have is ruined and it so jumpy after a file job. Just need to find a new one. its not disengage right and the surface where the first pad goes is worn uneven.

I`ve bought 2 low mile,,really low mile ones off ebay for a song...and like new,,under 1000 miles new,,the last one was 80 bucks shipped with 50 miles on it.:lol:

B

Edited by brianhare

Lugging / chugging the motor will chew up a clutch basket , just like a countershaft on a big thumper.

3 hours ago, brianhare said:

I`ve bought 2 low mile,,really low mile ones off ebay for a song...and like new,,under 1000 miles new,,the last one was 80 bucks shipped with 50 miles on it.:lol:

B

I guess that what I'm going to do. find a cheap low miles one.:confused:

I was looking at DLC stuff & saw a clutch basket coated. If DLC is so great how come we dont see it on everything?