Honda XR 650 with CBR f3 wheel hub HELP

1 minute ago, notoriousE-R-I-C said:

My neck of the woods. I asked my primo, but hes probably sleeping. Ill put out more feelers tomorrow...

LOL your neck of the woods! LMK ... do you know anyone the the same mod done in my area.

Im the only one I know thats made an xr600r into a street bike! But I didnt use stock swingarm...

Whats the issue? Hub width? Bearings ID/OD? Sprocket being out of line. Rotor being out of line? 

What are you going to do about the front? Cause I had a street bike rear and stock front end til I switched out and it looked funky. Looks awesome now. Street USDs, matching 5 swept spoke mag wheels, dual 298mm rotors. FUN bike on pavement with street tires.

You close to Griffin rd? about 1 mile west of US-1? try https://www.compcyclecenter.com/team.

They used to have tons of stuff. But looks like they cleaned up the place and when I clicked on the "Team", a bunch of the guys I used to deal with are gone. And I thought the owner was a guy named Steve. Shows a different guy now, claiming since 1972? I've never seen him? But its been maybe 5 years since I popped in. They might have connections on machining. I do know of one guy in Oakland Pk., near Andrews Ave and Oakland Pk Blvd. He used to work for Wilson Manifolds & supposed to be the brains behind the scene. He can do anything, but may be cost prohibitive. Most the old guys with manual mills & lathes etc.. have died or retired around there. PM me if you want.

There are multiple steps in doing wheel swaps. Easy part is the bearings. You simply measure the current axle, the bore of the hew hub, and go to a bearing supply house and they will give you the correct sized bearings. Then to take the old internal spacer to a machine shop, and have them mill a new one to fit your axle with the width the same as the one that came out of the new wheel. Now the hard part. Test fitting the wheel to the chassis, you have to determine if the sprocket and the brake disk can line up. You may have to have the hub milled to enable them to fit. If one side is fine but the say, brake disk is already too far inboard, then you have to make modifications to the caliper mount, in some cares, making a entire new one. Then you get wheel spacers made to fit the seals, axle and hold the wheel in the right position.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, notoriousE-R-I-C said:

Im the only one I know thats made an xr600r into a street bike! But I didnt use stock swingarm...

Whats the issue? Hub width? Bearings ID/OD? Sprocket being out of line. Rotor being out of line? 

What are you going to do about the front? Cause I had a street bike rear and stock front end til I switched out and it looked funky. Looks awesome now. Street USDs, matching 5 swept spoke mag wheels, dual 298mm rotors. FUN bike on pavement with street tires.

It works, The issue is not big. Im just trying to make it prefect. I want to used the oem CBR sprocket. I want to be balance and shaved Like this one so I can run the bike how want.  The one on the bike is a gsrx 600 the i made work.

hub.jpg

cushdrive2.jpg

Edited by whiteXR1

1 hour ago, bork said:

You close to Griffin rd? about 1 mile west of US-1? try https://www.compcyclecenter.com/team.

They used to have tons of stuff. But looks like they cleaned up the place and when I clicked on the "Team", a bunch of the guys I used to deal with are gone. And I thought the owner was a guy named Steve. Shows a different guy now, claiming since 1972? I've never seen him? But its been maybe 5 years since I popped in. They might have connections on machining. I do know of one guy in Oakland Pk., near Andrews Ave and Oakland Pk Blvd. He used to work for Wilson Manifolds & supposed to be the brains behind the scene. He can do anything, but may be cost prohibitive. Most the old guys with manual mills & lathes etc.. have died or retired around there. PM me if you want.

Thanks I never thought COMP would know someone i will try to give them a shout. The other guy  never heard of him I'm going to look him up.

2 hours ago, William1 said:

There are multiple steps in doing wheel swaps. Easy part is the bearings. You simply measure the current axle, the bore of the hew hub, and go to a bearing supply house and they will give you the correct sized bearings. Then to take the old internal spacer to a machine shop, and have them mill a new one to fit your axle with the width the same as the one that came out of the new wheel. Now the hard part. Test fitting the wheel to the chassis, you have to determine if the sprocket and the brake disk can line up. You may have to have the hub milled to enable them to fit. If one side is fine but the say, brake disk is already too far inboard, then you have to make modifications to the caliper mount, in some cares, making a entire new one. Then you get wheel spacers made to fit the seals, axle and hold the wheel in the right position.

Up to date of how it looks on the bike 

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, notoriousE-R-I-C said:

Get a 520 on there. Lose 8 lbs.

Vortex Sprockets 

Casey Bywater 1-800-440-3559 ex.205

Whys the axle sticking out? Bearings? Bearing supply like William said. Cheaper than machining for stock size. Just buy extra so you have new ones for the future.

It already has a 520 chain just need a new one. will get once i figure out how to get my rear hub milled and sprocket i will get asap once the hubs done.

For the rear axle i was lazy and I only have eBay to find bearing so i left stock size and put spacers