Sign in to follow this  

resistor for lights

I recently installed an all in 1 rear tail light. It uses LEDs instead of the standard bulbs. due to that, I have a faster than normal flash rate. I would liek to slow it down to regular speed. However, I am not sure how to go about it. I don't really have the room to add an inline adapter, and unless I just plug in a whole extra harness, don't really want to take apart the custom harness I made for it to work. I have seen TT sells a kit that has some resistors, but I want a full plug in unit.

There is probably a super simple solution, but then again, I am somewhat picky with what I want

this plugs into?

I think it might replace the unit attached to the oem headlight bracket?

On 6/20/2017 at 8:21 AM, Rhinoracer said:

Replaces the stock flasher.  Behind the headlight shroud.

so this will make my lights flash properly? what about if I also add front LEDs later on? Thinking about the Zeta handguards and the little LED strips for them

If you change the flasher to an electronic one, then it will fix it. Here is how I did mine a bunch of years ago (2005).  Wow! I was only 47 then.

• Like 1

got the unit today from amazon, wasn't the cheapest, but it was a prime item, so I got it fast. was $14.95

works great.. I installed it already

says it is from www.screamfox.com

I did see some cheaper ones, in the $10-12 range, but this was prime and I didn't want to wait a month for shipping from china

Edited by 74jimbo

Hey guys just piggy backing off the electrical since I also just put the 602's on my bike.... I also bought the Acerbis Vision headlight and xc zeta handguards, I have the turn signals working and running light, but having trouble with the high beams anyone run into this issue?  It's a simple wiring issue but I havn't figured it out and don't want to burn anything out in the process.