Stock RMX wins Pro Ironman Score 250 Baja

Not drinking anything doubting Thomas, My reply was to your post "Im Skeptical" with all the information you listed, I thought you meant you didnt think an RMX450 WON. Cant vouch for what was done to the bike. Just what the article said.

Very cool but I find it hard to believe that they didn't fix the throttle stop and do something with the fuel map.

• Like 2

From reading the tests it sounds like those two things that need to be done before riding the bike.

From the tests it sounds like stalling off-idle is an issue. Assuming that is the case, does the re-map cure that?

21 hours ago, MikeID said:

From reading the tests it sounds like those two things that need to be done before riding the bike.

From the tests it sounds like stalling off-idle is an issue. Assuming that is the case, does the re-map cure that?

A re-map will fix the off-idle issue and make it run more like you'd expect a 450 to run.  That said, a US model RMX450 cannot be reprogrammed, you have to use a tuner like a JD Tuner or Power Commander.  Although because this race was in Mexico there's a very good chance that it used a different ECU as there's no regulation preventing that in Mexico.

Hi everyone, I pre-ran and raced this bike at the San Felipe 250 and Baja 500 winning the Pro ironman class in both classes. The bike only has a bigger tank that holds 2.6 galons other than that NOTHING has been done to the bike, it is exactly as you can find it at any Suzuki Dealership.  I invite everyone reading this to join us for a fun off-road ride that we are having on July 29 in Rosarito Mexico to raise funds so that we can race the Baja 1000 and hopefully this time it won't be stock. 

• Like 5

Thank you for your post Josear!! Great Job!! Good luck in future races.

JD Tuner, Yoshimura Exhaust, remove the snorkle. My bike now has more power than I can use most of the time.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:46 PM, Josear Carrasco said:

Hi everyone, I pre-ran and raced this bike at the San Felipe 250 and Baja 500 winning the Pro ironman class in both classes. The bike only has a bigger tank that holds 2.6 galons other than that NOTHING has been done to the bike, it is exactly as you can find it at any Suzuki Dealership.  I invite everyone reading this to join us for a fun off-road ride that we are having on July 29 in Rosarito Mexico to raise funds so that we can race the Baja 1000 and hopefully this time it won't be stock. 

First off let me just say "Nice job Josear!", clearly you have off-road talent. 

As for the bike you must admit that based on how the US models are restricted from the dealership many of us are skeptical.  The throttle stop preventing full throttle is our #1 question, the next is the fuel map, stock the US bikes are very lean.  It's possible that the Mexican models may have the same fuel map but compared to an RMZ450 how much throttle travel does your bike have?

Oh, I'd love to go riding with you guys but living in Michigan means that I'll have to pass on your invitation.  If by chance you ever find a way to get to Michigan just let me know!

• Like 1

Josear mentioned this post a little while ago when picking up his bike so thought I would take a look during lunch.

I just did up his suspension and before I got in their it was bone stock. Not even a fluid change. Same fluid for both races.

Actually just met Josear, a referral from RJ. I did not touch anything else and did not even know the bike came with a throttle stop so no info there. He did mention he would like to get the bike mapped. Bike came from Mexico so do not know what may be different in that regard.