Gear shifting

Hi guys havin trouble shifting back down on my kxf250 it won't shift down with the clutch have to get the revs right it's doing my head in clutch seems to Work pretty good pulling off any ideas appreciated thanks

Shortest bet, pull off right side. Have someone else shift so you can watch the detent arm with focus. Itd be nice if the issue was right here. Only need to pull off clutch. Impact off, hand tighten on, torque wrench spec tighten last thing. NO power on install. 

Longest bet, split cases and look/measure tranny. In the shifting area not gears hopefully, doesn't sound like engagement issues. Sounds like drum or forks...

Sorry but this is most likely where youll be going, good thing is, you gotta mess with right side first anyways, so check detent and progress from there.

Cheers for the help I'll have a look this weekend and drop a post with more info.. hopefully it's like u said just the detent 

5 hours ago, Daryl 250 said:

Just one more thing do u know wat the torque specs are for the clutch basket 

Hahahaaaaaa...SOMeone doesn't have a shop manual! ;)

That is how Id know 

$15 is awesome for the clutch holding tool, but Ive used vice gripped together one steel and one fiber and did fine.

imageproxy.jpeg