Fuel injection cleaning

A friend of mine has a 2012 250 sx-f that's been sitting up for about a year and a half and won't start. We're thinking it's just something clogged up in the fuel injection system how would we go about cleaning it out?

• 2 weeks later...

injection cleaning is pretty simple, either twist or take the throttle body off the bike, carefully! 

or, underneeth the injector there should be either screw heads or bolt heads, two of them. Holding the injector in place. take these out and slowly pull down on the injector and take it out 

this guy does a really great job on showing how to clean it. 

hope this helped

Sounds great, but I've tried cleaning my own dirty injectors using that method with a zero success rate.  I've even found wire small enough to stick into the injector holes and no go with that either.  I would suggest sending them to a business that cleans injectors professionally.  With my '11 I'd get about 5-6 months out of new injector and 3-5 months out of a (professionally) cleaned injector.  I thought they fixed the injector issues with the '12 but maybe not...

Edited by Float

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:45 PM, endurottr said:

Also we want to do a leak down test to check the top end what percentage of leakdown is considered acceptable in these bikes?

http://www.mrinjector.us/

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:16 PM, Float said:

Sounds great, but I've tried cleaning my own dirty injectors using that method with a zero success rate.  I've even found wire small enough to stick into the injector holes and no go with that either.  I would suggest sending them to a business that cleans injectors professionally.  With my '11 I'd get about 5-6 months out of new injector and 3-5 months out of a (professionally) cleaned injector.  I thought they fixed the injector issues with the '12 but maybe not...

Try a fuel stabilizer and a tank sock. I have yet in over 10 years running FI burned thru an injector.

take a 9v ac adaptor ,not a 9v dc bat. the ac will work your injector like a tatoo gun . if you have 50 hertz it wil open and close the injector 25  time,s a second . 

Edited by speedboot