Hot Weather Gear

Can anyone recommend some affordable hot weather gear for me?  All of my riding gear is Klim (except boot - those are sidi), but for the amount of time I'll be putting in the hot weather gear I'd rather save the money than to buy high end stuff.  Links are a plus, but not necessary - of course if you know someplace has deal going on then let me know.

Any "light" and vented jersey and pants will work. Buy cheapest clearance items on RMATV. Fly gear has held up very well for me and can be found on clearance for a good price.

I actually don't ride with a jersey in summer, because our heat index is often 105 -115. Run thin socks. T-shirt or just my Titan armor jacket with no shirt and an OGIO vest. Soak the shirt/jacket and my hair in water before a ride. I wear the armor no matter what, just sometimes no shirt since the Titan jacket is fairly comfortable even without one.

Edited by LSHD
  • Like 2

I'm a big fan of the Klim Mojave pants, lots of vents, mesh in key areas. And they have pockets. 
I also have a pair of Klim Dakar pants, and the are not nearly as good for warm weather. I use them only in cooler riding.

Same as LSHD, I wear a Fox Titan Sport Jacket with no shirt underneath, 

a lot of it is mesh (arms) so decently comfortable in warmer weather.

No matter how hot, there's no way I'm leaving off any of my usual gear/protection for comfort.

While it's sometimes tempting to leave the goggles off while slow trail riding but I was recently reminded by a branch

poking me in the eye that it's not wise....

After a very hot ride last weekend, I'm on a quest myself for hot weather gear. I've got the Moose Sahara pants; very light, well vented. Suomy Jump helmet; one of, if not the lightest/ best vented helmet's. Sidi boots; lighter, with more venting than my Gearnes. No jersey, white t-shirt with Leatt fusion armor.

13 hours ago, LSHD said:

..Soak the shirt/jacket and my hair in water before a ride..

People at the trail head look at me weird when I do that, but you can get almost an hour of comfortable riding in before soaking down again.

2 hours ago, wielywilly-g said:

People at the trail head look at me weird when I do that, but you can get almost an hour of comfortable riding in before soaking down again.

Around here right now you would get around 30 seconds. :lol:

Reached 119 degrees in Phoenix Az the only way I can ride is if I leave the house at 5am in the morning and by 8am it's already 90 degrees.

40 minutes ago, Dirtshark808 said:

Reached 119 degrees in Phoenix Az the only way I can ride is if I leave the house at 5am in the morning and by 8am it's already 90 degrees.

So you should be good until about 10 AM, right? :ride:

Probably but that's only if I can get out of bed haha and by the time I load and get to the riding spot it's later.

• Like 1

Fly hydrogen lite read well but not sure if durable for real enduro riding...Are the kinetic ok for warm weather,not the mesh the normal kinetic as they seem more durable than the hydrogen....