What should i do to my 11 rmz next?

Purchased my 11 rmz250 2 years back, not long after the big end bearing let go on the beach so i rebuilt the bottom end with a hotrods kit and wiseco top end. Valves were all good so just decarbonized the top end, new stem seals and light hone on bore. 

Pulled the frame down and inspexted and regreased all the stem bearings, linkage and swingarm. 

Fresh levers, fork seals, shifter and rear brake lever, oversized 270mm front rotor a pads, yoshimura muffler, hose kit etc. 

Any ways to extract more power fron the bike before going a tunable ignition? 

Also any components that are a weakness i should replace? 

20161112_120757.jpg.fa2ae4217930c40d349454eac73a493a.jpg

IMAG0232.jpg.3e5054bf69679cc656d2e67ce986973d.jpgIMAG0191.thumb.jpg.112df3feca58fbcaa62c4ac8ee403fa8.jpgIMAG0219.thumb.jpg.334c4eca51a4c8009fd0c8807c91fdd3.jpg

Edited by Wilksy
  • Like 1

How you liking that over sized front rotor? been thinking about getting one.

Edited by nopo530

Brilliant, my standard brakes were pretty knackered, going to this setup took me a while to get used to without throwing myself over the bars haha 

Look up the factory pro shift detent and spring. Very cheap and effective part swap to get improved shifting and reliability. Pretty easy to install especially since you already have everything apart. I combined that with a 10mm extended shifter from hammerhead and run heavier oil and never get any false neutrals. I did before occasionally.

Did you do a full yoshimura system or just the slip on? I believe the header that comes with a full yoshimura system may be a way to find some more usable power. Also check out those moto tassinari air boots plenty of people seem to like them, I have no experience with them though. Those seem like the most efficient way to try and bolt on usable power. I mean cams are always an option for more power but at that point you might be needing an ignition tuner anyway.