Husqvarna wxc610 (1996)

Hey everyone new to forum , I was wondering if anyone has seen these issues with both my dirtbikes first I'll start with my Honda xr400r (1997) , so first off the bikes would ride fine but have been stored for more than a few months  to start my Honda I have to open the choke all the way or it won't start once I get it on after 2-4 kicks with the choke open she starts up and once I turn off the choke it idles ok sometimes it'll sound low idle but will than stay idling and when I lightly pump the throttle it sounds fine but once I open past half way it sounds kind of boggy and if I hold it open it'll just completely just bogg down and die and I've tried filling the tank complete of gas and it's still the same issue could it be the carbs ? Would cleaning the floats be enough or would I have to clean the jets aswell ? And how would I adjust them back how they should be ? What could be causing it to die like that because I can ride it fine if I don't use too much throttle but if I try and open it a little too much it's starts to bogg or will just bogg down and die ...??

On my husqvarna it's a wxc610 (1996) , this bike does not have a choke so i use the decompression lever to kick start it but I havnt got any luck so I tried jump starting it on 2nd and after a couple tries I got it on and she was sounding nice but I realized there was green antifreeze atleast I'm pretty sure it was antifreeze or I'm not sure so I shut off the bike immediately and I began checking the bike for leaks checking clamps and hoses for punctures or tears and between the radiators underneath the frame there's a little resevor cup clamped to the frame on one side it has a hose the goes to the top of the motor , I believe the part on the owners manual is called the " crankcase vapor cup " and on the other side of where there's a hose that goes to the top cover of the motor it's just like a hole but it looks like there was a nipple or something there that broke off and someone had stuck a hose through that hole and that's the only place that it looked like it was leaking from and they stuck that hose through a hole that was inside the frame where that little cult was clamped to and I can't find that part anywhere not even online maybe someone knows what that is for and if fluid would just start gushing out of there like that because it was a lot that was dripping that makes me think that hole should be sealed but than why would some stick a hose in it and I'm worried that it might mess something on if I try to start it again and I checked the radiator fluid and it's not full to the cap but it's above the top of the things inside of the radiator  so I know it's full,  thank you ahead of time for reading my post and any help or advice that may help ??

This is a picture of the "crankcase vapor cup" on the husky and the hose the goes to the top of the motor in the next picture. , and the husqvarna and Honda in the next picture.

20170616_170416.jpg

20170616_170531.jpg

14980041234651025788493.jpg

I would start by disassembling and cleaning the carb on the Honda and installing new jets.
Is there a Husqvarna specific bike forum you can use to post the other question? I would reassemble with good parts per manual and assy drawings.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sofiedog said:

I would start by disassembling and cleaning the carb on the Honda and installing new jets.
Is there a Husqvarna specific bike forum you can use to post the other question? I would reassemble with good parts per manual and assy drawings.

The Honda XRs are notorious for the carb gumming up if you let it sit.

• Like 1

my husqvarna it's a wxc610 (1996) , this bike does not have a choke so i use the decompression lever to kick start it but I havnt got any luck so I tried jump starting it on 2nd and after a couple tries I got it on and she was sounding nice but I realized there was green antifreeze atleast I'm pretty sure it was antifreeze or I'm not sure so I shut off the bike immediately and I began checking the bike for leaks checking clamps and hoses for punctures or tears and between the radiators underneath the frame there's a little resevor cup clamped to the frame on one side it has a hose the goes to the top of the motor , I believe the part on the owners manual is called the " crankcase vapor cup " and on the other side of where there's a hose that goes to the top cover of the motor it's just like a hole but it looks like there was a nipple or something there that broke off and someone had stuck a hose through that hole and that's the only place that it looked like it was leaking from and they stuck that hose through a hole that was inside the frame where that little cult was clamped to and I can't find that part anywhere not even online maybe someone knows what that is for and if fluid would just start gushing out of there like that because it was a lot that was dripping that makes me think that hole should be sealed but than why would some stick a hose in it and I'm worried that it might mess something on if I try to start it again and I checked the radiator fluid and it's not full to the cap but it's above the top of the things inside of the radiator  so I know it's full,  thank you ahead of time for reading my post and any help or advice that may help ??

This is a picture of the "crankcase vapor cup" on the husky and the hose the goes to the top of the motor in the next picture. 

20170616_170416.jpg

20170616_170531.jpg

1 hour ago, Sofiedog said:

Do you know if by any chance the jets have to be screwed down all the way or if they need to be tuned or turned to a specific position?

4 minutes ago, Carlos Galindo said:

Do you know if by any chance the jets have to be screwed down all the way or if they need to be tuned or turned to a specific position?

It looks like one of the other mods moved this thread to the Husky forum so you might want to start a new thread about your XR at the link I posted above.  Lot's of knowledgeable members there.  Sofiedog seems to have that bike covered pretty well already.  He's a good guy.

Yes i moved each bike to the links you posted , sophiedog has really useful and very helpful information so thank you for that ill be on the other threads but by any chance for the float where can i find a thread that'll help me do adjustments ?

Okay here we go. the crankcase vapor cup is for excessive oil in the top end at sustained high RPM. The hose from the top of the motor to the "cup" or bottle if you will is normal. The bottle is then vented into the frame with another hose as seen in the other pic. Most of the oil just returns to the motor thru gravity but a small amount may vent into the frame and then drip out of the bottom. This should not leak a large amount of oil. The cooling system is separate form the oil vent system. 

1 hour ago, rancher1 said:

Okay here we go. the crankcase vapor cup is for excessive oil in the top end at sustained high RPM. The hose from the top of the motor to the "cup" or bottle if you will is normal. The bottle is then vented into the frame with another hose as seen in the other pic. Most of the oil just returns to the motor thru gravity but a small amount may vent into the frame and then drip out of the bottom. This should not leak a large amount of oil. The cooling system is separate form the oil vent system. 

I had to jump start the bike because I couldn't kick it just not used to it on left side and I got it on and the liquid that was coming out looked green to me and that "cup" Was the only place that seemed like it was leaking maybe it didn't leak so much because I didn't have bike on very long maybe it would have stopped dripping but did leave a little puddle underneath bike the bike hasn't been started in a while

Maybe I missed something and that's not where it was leaking from and just seemed that way..