Problem with a new crf450x

I bought a crf450x in 2015 (new) and after 4 months of riding i got a oil leak in the piston head under the carburetor, 2 month later the leak got bigger. leaking oil in the left side right on the 2 eight's screws from the piston head, and i dont get it. is not that much but the bike is new.  Do i need re-torque the engine head? I havent ride the bike for like 1 and half  year i only rode the bike 6 month after i bought it, if someone could help me would be great thanks.

I bought a crf450x in 2015 (new) and after 4 months of riding i got a oil leak in the piston head under the carburetor, 2 month later the leak got bigger. leaking oil in the left side right on the 2 eight's screws from the piston head, and i dont get it. is not that much but the bike is new.  Do i need re-torque the engine head? I havent ride the bike for like 1 and half  year i only rode the bike 6 month after i bought it, if someone could help me would be great thanks.

Pics will be greatly appreciated

Really depends exactly where the leak is coming from. Clean the engine, make it spotless. Ride the bike, avoid mud, as soon as some oil leaks, blow some baby powder on the area. Leaks start high and gravity flows them down. It will show where the leak is and what you can do to fix it.

Be aware, usually just tightening bolts makes a small problem worse unless the bolt is truly loose.

The leak is right here and under the carburator, i thought the 2 eight's screws were the problem but they were totally fine with the exact torque, is not that much but i hate see my bike wet in oil, its something to worry about or could i ride it with the little leak?  Or should i re torque head bolt?

20170621_192855.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, Mar450x said:

The leak is right here and under the carburator, i thought the 2 eight's screws were the problem but they were totally fine with the exact torque, is not that much but i hate see my bike wet in oil, its something to worry about or could i ride it with the little leak?  Or should i re torque head bolt?

20170621_192855.jpg

I'd check the crankcase vent before tearing into it!

• Like 1