DRZ 400 wont start and exhaust smoke from carb

hello last night i was for a ride and i noticed a reduced power on my bike then after 5 mins or less the bike stopped.i saw some few oil on the ground i though it was from junction box.(I run open box without air filter-airbox)

then i tried to start the bike and i saw lots of exhaust smoke coming from the carb and the bike would not start. everything sounded to rotate normal in the engine while i tried to start it.

i belive it has something to do with valves/timing/chain/tensioner.

what do you think ?

2 minutes ago, Ruben Ruben said:

i found the reason ... 

IMG_20170622_184833.jpg

Is that the top of the piston? It was kinda hard to hear what exact noise you were talking about. The squeak or the pop at TDC?

22 hours ago, Ruben Ruben said:

yea as you can see piston is cracked in half i guess it burned all the oil and the bike got &%$#@!ed 

Ohhhh shit!!! I just saw the crack. Jesus. That sucks.

i got the athena 434 kit installed. dont know why that happened i revved the shit out of it 2 days before

forgot to say i had a problem with overheating dont know why the bike puke some coolant like 100ml or something and i got a 1.8 bar radiator cap

Edited by Ruben Ruben

It looks like a valve contact spot in your picture , upper left valve , spot is near the center of picture up there.  Odd that the piston would crack with just overheating or lack of oil , worst that should happen is melting the edge around to top ring groove or full seizure , piston still shouldn't crack . What brand piston came in that kit ?

Edited by jjktmrider
  • Like 1