Rekluse RadiusX clutch

My girlfriend has a 2017 YZ250FX. Was wondering if anyone has installed one of these in their bike and how do they like it.

I don't have one but I from what I've heard some really like them and they do work well. I think your girlfriend would like it as it does make the clutching aspect of riding easier

She had a z start pro in the 05 yz125 she had. I have the core exp in both my yz250s and it's like traction control. She's kind of resistant because she said she'd lose engine braking. I'll have to get one and put it in without her knowing. Had to do that with a lowering link and she liked it.

The core exp 3.0 in my 250fx is setup to get rid of about half of the engine braking. Coming from a 2 stroke this was a huge help for me, but it could be set to keep the engine braking. Sometimes I do have to blip the throttle to engage the clutch again. 

Put one in with the softest EXP springs and she won't even notice it's there (until she sees the clutch cover).

i have the radius x in my 2015 yz250f. i love it. i ride mx with it. i use clutch mostly, but in tight sections or with arm pump its great.

Ridden both. Owned the core twice. I like the radius as far as hook up goes. Reminds me of the core with heavy wedges and low engagement. Super responsive, little slip, and bites hard. Good in bikes like a 250F where you want little slip. The core can be setup to feel almost the same as far as response goes, but it comes at a cost. There is one key thing I like a lot better with the core. The clutch pull. If you still use your clutch lever a lot like I do, you will appreciate the core. The radius in my buddies bike made the clutch pull rock hard. For him it's ok as he abandons the clutch lever with the rekluse. I'm the opposite, I still feather it the whole time and modulate to control power. I'll be sticking with the core in the future.

• Like 1

my radius x has the same pull as stock did. are you sure that he didnt just have the exp disk only?

Nope it's the radius. Helped him install it. All the free play is taken up with clutch lever adjuster (just like the EXP). That coupled with the stiff clutch plate springs made it a stiff pull.

A buddy has the Radius on his 450RX and the pull is like a brick.

• Like 1

I just installed a RadiusX, and now my clutch lever won't return when pulled. It stays against the bar. Anybody else have this issue?

Edit: looks like the ball fell out of the push rod. Standby.

I have exp 3.0in my 2015 250fx. Works good, but ruins a nice clutch pull. Friend just got a 2017 250fx with the radius, works great, clutch pull very smooth and maybe a touch harder than stock, very nice.

Problem solved. The lever pull is stiffer than stock. The engagement seems to be slightly higher than 2100rpm. My clutch came with the medium engagement springs installed. It feathers the clutch better than I can, and doesn't stall.