Wr450f 2009 fork compression/rebound

I just rebuilt my fork and im trying to figure out how to adjust the compression and rebound clicks.

I weight 90 kg, and im riding enduro, still beginner so my riding is not to wild.    

With all this said can someone tell me how to do it correctly or if there is a reliable place to check?

Another question, when i rebuilt the fork ive noticed that there is diffrence between the right and the left suspensions on the number of the compression clicks(top fork) just by 2 clicks. Is it ok/bad.

Thanks, Ori

10 minutes ago, harash0 said:

I just rebuilt my fork and im trying to figure out how to adjust the compression and rebound clicks.

I weight 90 kg, and im riding enduro, still beginner so my riding is not to wild.    

With all this said can someone tell me how to do it correctly or if there is a reliable place to check?

Another question, when i rebuilt the fork ive noticed that there is diffrence between the right and the left suspensions on the number of the compression clicks(top fork) just by 2 clicks. Is it ok/bad.

Thanks, Ori

Start with stock. I.E what the owners manual recommends. Also, this site has great forums that describe how exactly you should adjust and tune your suspension for your weight and riding style.

I personally don't know the effects of one fork having more or less clicks than the other however they should be the same.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, harash0 said:

Thanks, Ori

Ori,

Try this link.

• Like 1

Start from full in (gently) and count the clicks counterclockwise / out

That way both sides will always be the same. 

Start with the factory settings, but go 5 less clicks on everything.

Slowing add in compression only at first. 

Your goal is to get the wheels to follow the terrain and retain as much traction as possible. Do not tune for 'comfort', tune for traction. If you tune for comfort, you will be tuning only for the speed at which you were evaluating that comfort....

Remember, 1 rebound click is equivilent to almost .5 compression clicks (in or out).

• Like 1

I think your problem is whatever you set the compression to the crappy stock base valve will allow it to sack through the travel into the harsher portion. The stock base valves are really really bad. 

The Racetech gold valve fixes the problem and puts a standard shim stack in that does not blow through the travel. Stock they use a spring that sacks out instead of shims that do not.