anyone use loctite 609 R crank seal and have it fail again?

I will most likely do as Shawn-Mac recommends, however since I had time I started researching Loctite 609, came across 603 and have some 640.  SO I emailed engineer at Loctite to muddy the water even more.  Also what is Honda using, Hondabond, Yamabond?  If anyone knows chime in parts here tomorrow, Shawn ?

Anyway here is their response they are recommending a primer then superglue...

Frank, is the rubber itself being bonded on the aluminum? if is yes I would not recommend you use a retaining compound, 609, on a rubber application. Retaining compound are for metal to metal cylindrical part. For a rubber and aluminum application, you can try our cyanoacrylate 401 with primer 770.

Frank, 401 with primer 770 will be removable with either heat or solvent 768. Prior to using the solvent, I would test on a scrap piece to make sure that it will not attack you rubber. Retaining compound are for metal to metal parts, it may work on rubber, however,  it will not be long for the bond to weaken.

Edited 55 minutes ago by ramjetV8

Anyone remember a post a long while back about a CRF right crank seal sucking in after using the 609 Loctite fix?  I seem to recall that guy used a center punch to make 4-5 little punch divot marks in the case boss just past where the seal sets to stop it from pulling in again and uses 609 again as well??  or am I dreaming this??

• ok now new seal is here, its a little wider than the old style.  I apparently was sold the old style while being told it was new style.  it clearly was not new style.  Ebay buyers beware.  This one from Rocky Mountain has two actual seal lips that point away from each other.  There is no way anyone could punch the case to make a raised mark to stop seal slide as there is no boss left past the seal so this questions is no longer relevant, if it ever even was LOL...
Edited by ramjetV8