Rmz supermoto

May I ask what you mean by the rich plug? You see I have been playing with the carb on my bike it has a boyesen quick shot on it and is jetted pretty rich to run at sea level and up to about 1500 ft. I have rode it at higher altitudes such as 4000 ft and it ran okay but just okay. I think if there was a hotter plug to run it might help. I don't want to reject because I love the way it runs where I usually ride it just seems to be a hair too rich so when I climb alt it crosses that line. I was thinking a k n air filter for the higher air flow to kind of counter the richness.

May I ask what you mean by the rich plug? You see I have been playing with the carb on my bike it has a boyesen quick shot on it and is jetted pretty rich to run at sea level and up to about 1500 ft. I have rode it at higher altitudes such as 4000 ft and it ran okay but just okay. I think if there was a hotter plug to run it might help. I don't want to reject because I love the way it runs where I usually ride it just seems to be a hair too rich so when I climb alt it crosses that line. I was thinking a k n air filter for the higher air flow to kind of counter the richness.

It's a map plug for the FI bikes.

35379577620_ca24bd89c3_b.jpg

Ohlins TTX √

Magura 750 radial brake √

5" Rear √

Michelin Supermoto Slicks √

Braking 320mm rotor √

Akrapovic Ti Exhaust √

VP U4.4 Race Fuel √

Toxic Moto Chain Block √

Race sponsor livery design √

Edited by zibbit u2
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 9:27 PM, zibbit u2 said:

35379577620_ca24bd89c3_b.jpg

Ohlins TTX √

Magura 750 radial brake √

5" Rear √

Michelin Supermoto Slicks √

Braking 320mm rotor √

Akrapovic Ti Exhaust √

VP U4.4 Race Fuel √

Toxic Moto Chain Block √

Race sponsor livery design √

How are you fitting the Michelin rear? I am building my 2015 and the Michelin rear was to wide, had to go Metzler.

17 hours ago, rraiderr said:

How are you fitting the Michelin rear? I am building my 2015 and the Michelin rear was to wide, had to go Metzler.

The rim was offset and it's still ridiculously tight, so I know there will be chain slap on the tire.  I was running a set of Metzlers Racetecs before and the chain was chewing up the corner edge of the tire.

Here's some measurements from the bike:

LH swingarm to rim: 3.1cm
LH swingarm to sprocket: 1cm

LH swingarm to tire: 1.9cm

LH chain to tire: 0.1cm :o

RH swingarm to rim: 1.7cm
RH swingarm to brake rotor: 3.1cm

RH swingarm to 0.4cm

I do have a Toxic Moto chain block installed, so the chain shouldn't do too much chewing on the michelin even with 0.1cm of clearance.. haha

Edited by zibbit u2