Steamboat Lake trails need our help!!!

2 hours ago, redhurricane said:

We will be up there as well clearing. 

saw1.jpg

WR450F Evil Dead edition. 

• Like 1

Wow. Big effort up there last weekend. We stayed from 6/23 to 7/1 and I was still cutting deadfall on 7/1. the whole area should be clear now. 375 miles in 7 days and a lot of material moved off the trail. Ran across many forest service folks, all were very thankful for the efforts made by many.

IMG_0655.JPG

• Like 1

Wow. Big effort up there last weekend. We stayed from 6/23 to 7/1 and I was still cutting deadfall on 7/1. the whole area should be clear now. 375 miles in 7 days and a lot of material moved off the trail. Ran across many forest service folks, all were very thankful for the efforts made by many.
IMG_0655.JPG.b5328b939e4f9358680ebc2d7b3e58a3.JPG

Thanks for your help. There's a thread on here of pro/con chain saw on forest service land. Fines, penalties, etc. Sounds like your efforts were well received and much appreciated. Thanks for putting in the effort!

Every FS ranger we encountered was happy to see us. Two of them were working through a 36"+ downed tree and asked if I had a bigger saw than they did. We got it moved, took all 4 of us with saws, and another tree as leverage to move the cut section. 

redhurricane  thank you very much for your efforts.  We all appreciate guys like you and all the other volunteers that give your time and effort to clear the trails.

California friends were there helping, everyone had a hand in the work. Even with teams of 3 heading in different directions on some of the loops, there was still stuff to clear on 6/30. 8 solid days of riding and trail clearing. Upside, I got 370 miles on the bike in that time.