Steamboat Lake trails need our help!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Big effort up there last weekend. We stayed from 6/23 to 7/1 and I was still cutting deadfall on 7/1. the whole area should be clear now. 375 miles in 7 days and a lot of material moved off the trail. Ran across many forest service folks, all were very thankful for the efforts made by many.

IMG_0655.JPG

• Like 1

Wow. Big effort up there last weekend. We stayed from 6/23 to 7/1 and I was still cutting deadfall on 7/1. the whole area should be clear now. 375 miles in 7 days and a lot of material moved off the trail. Ran across many forest service folks, all were very thankful for the efforts made by many.
IMG_0655.JPG.b5328b939e4f9358680ebc2d7b3e58a3.JPG

Thanks for your help. There's a thread on here of pro/con chain saw on forest service land. Fines, penalties, etc. Sounds like your efforts were well received and much appreciated. Thanks for putting in the effort![emoji122]

Every FS ranger we encountered was happy to see us. Two of them were working through a 36"+ downed tree and asked if I had a bigger saw than they did. We got it moved, took all 4 of us with saws, and another tree as leverage to move the cut section. 

California friends were there helping, everyone had a hand in the work. Even with teams of 3 heading in different directions on some of the loops, there was still stuff to clear on 6/30. 8 solid days of riding and trail clearing. Upside, I got 370 miles on the bike in that time.