Wr250r year changes ?

Was about to buy a brand new wr250r but now I found a used 2009 wr250r with 3k miles pretty much brand new for $4000.

From what I have reasearched online the wr250r has not changed from 2008 to current? Is this true? If not what is different?

Thanks!

Going by wikipedia

The Yamaha WR250R is a dual-sport motorcycle made by Yamaha Motor Company. It has a 250cc (15 cu in) liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke DOHC engine, fed premium fuel by electronic fuel injection.[1] It has remained largely unchanged since its introduction in 2008, with most differences being cosmetic

• Like 1

I own both the 2008 and 2015 models.  Cosmetic changes only.  Just look closely for signs of damage, poor maintenance, poor repairs.  At a minimum, look at the chain and sprockets and the oil level and condition.  If any of those are in bad shape, assume that other parts have also been neglected.

Just broke in test ride and if it runs good buy it.

Edited by DPete
  • Like 1

I own both the 2008 and 2015 models.  Cosmetic changes only.  Just look closely for signs of damage, poor maintenance, poor repairs.  At a minimum, look at the chain and sprockets and the oil level and condition.  If any of those are in bad shape, assume that other parts have also been neglected.

Thanks! Found a 2009 with 3000 miles for $4000. Picking it up today :)

On 6/24/2017 at 2:50 PM, brownbooty said:

Thanks! Found a 2009 with 3000 miles for $4000. Picking it up today :)

Good for you man! That's a great price.

"largely unchanged since its introduction in 2008, with most differences being cosmetic"

As best I can tell, the ONLY changes from 2008 to 2017, are graphics changes, and the occasional plastic color changes. ZERO MECHANICAL OR ELECTRICAL OR FRAME changes.

I believe they changed the cam chain tensioner around 2010 for a more reliable one as well as some spotty fuel pumps earlier on.

There was a stator recall on my 13' not sure about other years

• Like 2