Showa RM USD Fork on my XR 600 (89)

Hi,

my name is Julian, iam 28 years old and living in Hannover, Germany. Most of the time I ride my XR600. But sometimes i switch to my XR500R from 82 or, if the weather is fine, I change to my monkey. 

So, I am a Honda Guy. And I am having some trouble fitting the USD fork from a Suzuki RM250 to my XR600. So far everything beside the brake caliper fits. 

But, i need to know which bike this fork really comes from. Some ppl say, its not even a Suzuki one. 

I have to figure out which caliper i have to buy. Currently there a three different types lying around here and not one is fitting. 

The distance between the holes (for the caliper) on the fork is 8mm which is like 5/16 inch ??? :D Metric system u know....

Maybe u guys can help me. Here in Germany most of the guys i talked to sayed like "thats not intended to be build to a XR600 gtfo"....

Julian

29558606mk.jpg 29558610vm.jpg 29558612xf.jpg 29558614vw.jpg 29558616am.jpg 

If ots off an RM, you dont see RM calipers on ebay? Are the calipers you tried Nissin? Just cut something out of cardboard to make it fit. Then when you have it right, cut it out of thick steel...

Id just make my own mount...youre making yourself mad otherwise 

• Like 1

I have a set of 2000 RM250 forks on my 1993 XRL. The brake calipers for the XRL and the RM are the same. The mounting bracket is different, but the calipers are the same. I got the entire front end (forks, brakes and wheel) so I just used all of the Suzuki parts. The XR brake line will bolt right to the RM caliper.

ChainGuard.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 1:50 AM, CptHero said:

Hi,

my name is Julian, iam 28 years old and living in Hannover, Germany. Most of the time I ride my XR600. But sometimes i switch to my XR500R from 82 or, if the weather is fine, I change to my monkey. 

So, I am a Honda Guy. And I am having some trouble fitting the USD fork from a Suzuki RM250 to my XR600. So far everything beside the brake caliper fits. 

But, i need to know which bike this fork really comes from. Some ppl say, its not even a Suzuki one. 

I have to figure out which caliper i have to buy. Currently there a three different types lying around here and not one is fitting. 

The distance between the holes (for the caliper) on the fork is 8mm which is like 5/16 inch ??? :D Metric system u know....

Maybe u guys can help me. Here in Germany most of the guys i talked to sayed like "thats not intended to be build to a XR600 gtfo"....

Julian

29558606mk.jpg 29558610vm.jpg 29558612xf.jpg 29558614vw.jpg 29558616am.jpg 

Hi Julian,

I picked up a front end from a 96 RM250 and I'm going to do a similar swap on my XR600. How did you get the stearing stem sorted out? I purchased the All Balls kit, but not sure what to do after that point. I did a similar swap with a CRF front end on another XR600, but purchased the custom steering stem.

Any tips would be appreciated. Cheers!