I bought a really clean 1984 xr350r last week.  It had sat for sometime but ran.  Brought it home and ran for a few days but then quit.  Wasn't getting fuel.  Took off the carbs and they were nasty.  Cleaned them and the tank, checked valve adjustment and put it all back together.  I am now getting fuel but no spark. I have tried a new plug, disconnecting the kill switch, checked my connections, checked resistance on the coil, removed the resistor in the plug wire and replaced with a piece of copper and checked resistance on my stator and it appears to be in spec.

Also took my coil assy and tried it on a 1985 xr350 and it ran with mine but wouldn't run with his parts.

Would anyone know the resistance spec on the pulse generator?  I checked resistance on mine and I get 1325?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I pulled the pulse generator off the bike and its toast.  I tested it where the leads come out of the pulse generator and its done.  Anyone know of a source for this obsolete part?  There is one on ebay but used and I' leary of a used one.

Would another model be able to used in place of this one?

Well I found a used one that is supposed to be good.  Now waiting on brown Santa for my parts to arrive.

Edited by Lavern23

Well my good used pulse generator came in and I installed it today.  It tests as it should ohm wise per the manual but I still have no spark.

Now what?  CDI box?  Can you test one?  Can you run a 1985 cdi box on the 1984?  The 1984 has 1 plug with 6 prongs and the 1985 has 2 plugs with 4 prongs on 1 plug and 2 prongs on the other.