2018 Beta / Boano ISDE bike

Here's what Boano is bringing to France for the ISDE Six Days. 
Nice Ohlins suspension!!

Edited by silver_fox
  • Like 2

Thank God they didn't hit it with the ugly stick. You can actually read the word "Beta". The missing triangles make a difference for graphic placement. Wondering if that is Ohlins inside the Sachs forks, that is a Sachs decal between the triple clamps. No doubt Boano has the inside line on new models.

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 1

I think it's pretty far out, how the tiny side plate shows off the exhaust.

I've never seen that before, except when somebody had already destroyed their bike and there wasn't a side panel left. I'm not so sure I like the exposed muff.

And watts up with the gastank washer not being drilled out??? I thought boano was the works stuff.

The rest of the bike is pretty bitchin', I like the white seat cover!

Edited by surfer-dude

This is bad ass like you're a pro rider or something.. too bad my body wasn't in better shape and i had money.. yea especially the money part  :smirk: I'm scraping  in pain and limping and psyching myself up to even race our local July2nd 2017 race.. it wont be really racing on my part at this point.. hopefully I'll be more ready in a week or so.. .. but this shit is awesome!!! stuff of dreams!! racing isde!! rent a tricked out Factory race Beta and have a factory team to support the whole way!!! 

http://enduro21.com/index.php/isde/2063-isde-beta-rental-service-by-boano-moto

beta-motor-beta-boano-racing-ISDE-rental

boano-beta_ISDE-rental-enduro_1_1200.jpg

boano-beta_ISDE-rental-enduro_5936.jpg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, surfer-dude said:

I've never seen that before, except when somebody had already destroyed their bike and there wasn't a side panel left. I'm not so sure I like the exposed muff.

And watts up with the gastank washer not being drilled out??? I thought boano was the works stuff.

That side panel showing the exhaust is common in Hawaii trail riders setups.. especially for hare and hound extreme bikes.. Guys cut the side plate flush with the subframe .or just take off the side plates so they have a place to grab the bike..and that's more for modified mx bikes for trail.. like cr's and yz's..but any bike ktm too. It's a good grab bar or place to grab anyway.. You might see it better in the maybe 3 or 4 minute mark to start.. easier to grab the bike.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, surfer-dude said:

Like a 2009 KTM ?

As somebody who has to figure out how to put numbers on these things I really don't like this trend of small number plates

IMG_2074.PNG

Edited by ccullins
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, ccullins said:

Like a 2009 KTM ?

As somebody who has to figure out how to put numbers on these things I really don't like this trend of small number plates

IMG_2074.PNG

Yea for racing it's pretty dumb. I don't even think beta's side plates are very big anyway.. well the 2017 isn't that big.. but the 2018 is like the bike isn't designed for scorers to see numbers.. or just an offroad bike.. Maybe Beta thinks that just a number on the front and the helmet and a sensor for lap counting  is all that's needed these days..

https://www.mylaps.com/

1 hour ago, ccullins said:

Like a 2009 KTM ?

Do you need numbers on the side plate anymore?? I thought AMA went away from that.

15 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Thank God they didn't hit it with the ugly stick. You can actually read the word "Beta". The missing triangles make a difference for graphic placement. Wondering if that is Ohlins inside the Sachs forks, that is a Sachs decal between the triple clamps. No doubt Boano has the inside line on new models.

That Flow shock works really well. Those are Ohlins cartridge in Sachs tubes, no DLC and gold tubes. Much cheaper this way vs. complete fork. The cartridges are a step up from OC and the harder you push them the smoother they are. Mine are set up plushier then most and handle the speeds very well. Are they worth the extra $$?? maybe depending on bike.

Edited by weantright
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ccullins said:

Like a 2009 KTM ?

IMG_2074.PNG

I just thought the 2018 rear number panels are mimicking the Xtrainers minimalist side panel style.

I'm pretty sure they are the same exact rear fender/side panel as the Cross Trainer. 

While the AMA Endurocross series actually doesn't require side plates, almost every other racing series does. Like the "local" EX we're heading up to now in Utah. Even though they do run transponders they usually back it up with manual scoring as well. 

Anyways these Boano bikes are awesome looking classy bikes. Definitely better than some of their others. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ccullins said:

I'm pretty sure they are the same exact rear fender/side panel as the Cross Trainer. 

While the AMA Endurocross series actually doesn't require side plates, almost every other racing series does. Like the "local" EX we're heading up to now in Utah. Even though they do run transponders they usually back it up with manual scoring as well. 

Anyways these Boano bikes are awesome looking classy bikes. Definitely better than some of their others. 

Well i guess the side plates can be replaced with the 17 side plates I guess.. then back to fuller sized number plates. I like the 17 rear fender and side number plates better...but I guess I could put the xtrainer/18 rear fender setup too now I guess. I don't think it looks better but maybe it'll grow on me.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

16 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

I think there are some purty used bikes for sale at Boano now...

6days.jpg.4de7202a7b20494c05ffc50191778784.jpg

By the way, that plastic is the same as the '18's..I thought they were modified 17's.