Waterfront lodging near Muskegon - Cadillac

Looking for a hotel/motel/resort that is waterfront with a beach to leave my wife & toddler while I ride some trails.

Wolf lake in Baldwin is booked out. I don't mind driving to the trailhead.

Something between newaygo/white cloud up to Cadillac would be ideal. I have been searching google maps.

Does any one have any "gems" or favorites they patron?

On 6/22/2017 at 2:59 PM, NINferno21 said:

Looking for a hotel/motel/resort that is waterfront with a beach to leave my wife & toddler while I ride some trails.

Wolf lake in Baldwin is booked out. I don't mind driving to the trailhead.

Something between newaygo/white cloud up to Cadillac would be ideal. I have been searching google maps.

Does any one have any "gems" or favorites they patron?

Only interested in hotels etc? there are lots of places in the area on airBnB  and especially VRBO  on lakes.  They have photos etc.  not sure if thats your style,  we much prefer the private houses,  and cost wise,  its about the same.  

What about Great wolf lodge in traverse city?  is that too far out of the way? ,  the kids love that place.  and there are some underused trails just south of Traverse city that I really like!

Edited by slowstepper

I'm ok with airbnbs and vrbos. I'm just usually trying to get away for only 2-3 days and it's last minute. Found the Sunset Shores in Cadillac and it's checked all the boxes. Rode the mccct a bit the other day and got our asses kicked. Pretty enjoyable; nothing like it near Chicago (that's home).
I'll have a look at the Great Wolf, always looking for new places. We are super fans of the Torch lake area. The water is unreal!

I'm ok with airbnbs and vrbos. I'm just usually trying to get away for only 2-3 days and it's last minute. Found the Sunset Shores in Cadillac and it's checked all the boxes. Rode the mccct a bit the other day and got our asses kicked. Pretty enjoyable; nothing like it near Chicago (that's home).
I'll have a look at the Great Wolf, always looking for new places. We are super fans of the Torch lake area. The water is unreal!

Are you plated?

Hit me up when you do one of these trips. Maybe our women and little guys can kick it at a lake while we ride. I'm on my way home from gaylord and riding Tomahawk while the fam was at Otsego Lake.