01 WR426F Valve Clearances

Checking the valves on a 2001 WR426F. I don't have a service manual. I've tried searching online but could only find the YZ426 specs: .1-.15mm intake and .2-.25mm exhaust. Can anyone confirm if this is the same for the WR or give correct specs please?

Another quick question not worth its own thread:

Should oil be seeping out the hole in the left side of the engine (where you put your socket on the crank, after removing the big plastic plug) after the bike has been sitting? When I took the plug out last night it didn't leak there. I put it back in and took it out again today and it started pouring out. Is that normal or is the oil possibly overfilled? I'm doing this work for a friend and I don't think he knows how a dry sump works so he probably filled it up until it was at the top of the dipstick.

11 minutes ago, Q__B said:

Another quick question not worth its own thread:

Should oil be seeping out the hole in the left side of the engine (where you put your socket on the crank, after removing the big plastic plug) after the bike has been sitting? When I took the plug out last night it didn't leak there. I put it back in and took it out again today and it started pouring out. Is that normal or is the oil possibly overfilled? I'm doing this work for a friend and I don't think he knows how a dry sump works so he probably filled it up until it was at the top of the dipstick.

yep sounds like he filled the wrong hole  :banghead:

• Like 1

is there a good way to check the oil level without running the engine first? Also what's the oil capacity?

Not sure about the oil capacity on the WR426F, but if you're talking about the big plastic plug on the left side of the engine, the oil coming out is normal depending on how the bike is sitting. On mine (04 WR450F), it needs to be straight up and down before I can remove the plug without leaking oil.  

6 hours ago, Q__B said:

is there a good way to check the oil level without running the engine first? Also what's the oil capacity?

wr.jpg

Should be the last question: what's the torque spec for the cam cap bolts?

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

For the record, I buy the manuals when working on my own bike but not just to do one job for a friend.