2017 FE failed clutch slave cylinder and any preventive fixes???

4 minutes ago, no air charlie said:

Does the Oberon work with the standard hydraulic line on the FC 450?  The picture posted above looks more like a KTM line.

I think so. Husky used two different lines on the same bike throughout production. Mine has one like what's pictured above, my buddy's has a line with a banjo fitting and bolt, same Oberon part works on both bikes.

• Like 1

I called Husqvarna Canada and they told me that they will replace the unit outside of warranty and they have a revised version of the slave cylinder.

I will keep you posted when I receive the new unit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Portmod7 said:

I think so. Husky used two different lines on the same bike throughout production. Mine has one like what's pictured above, my buddy's has a line with a banjo fitting and bolt, same Oberon part works on both bikes.

Thanks. Where did you order them from?

10 minutes ago, no air charlie said:

Thanks. Where did you order them from?

Direct from Oberon. I ordered two and got more for my money on the shipping. But I think I had the parts within 3 business days of ordering, it was QUICK.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 10:10 AM, Portmod7 said:

Direct from Oberon. I ordered two and got more for my money on the shipping. But I think I had the parts within 3 business days of ordering, it was QUICK.

Agree, Oberon ships super quick.  I'm in Canada and got it in a couple of days - quicker than I can get almost anything from the USA.  I was not offered anything from my Husky dealer on warranty.  I'm not sure they checked with Husqvarna Canada.  At the time they said they had only had one other clutch slave failure.

1 hour ago, Light700 said:

I just bought the Oberon CLU 1000 what bleeder are you guys using as the one from my old slave cylinder is not long enough. Or what is the size?

My Oberon came with a bleeder, it was ready to go.

2 minutes ago, Light700 said:

I contacted Oberon and it was supposed to come with it. They are sending me one. They were very fast at responding to my emails. 

I wish all businesses did business like Oberon, those guys are top-notch!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Portmod7 said:

I wish all businesses did business like Oberon, those guys are top-notch!

I had this experience when asking them to make these things for us.  Within two weeks of asking, they had bought 2 Maguras that they tore apart, made a prototype and had it sitting at my door at zero cost.  Awesome folks!   

• 2 weeks later...

My clutch engagement point felt different yesterday, so I might buy the KTM Brembo internal parts to have ready if when this thing fails.

Is there any other way to change the engagement zone of the clutch besides the screw on the lever? That changes where it starts, but I want to make the engagement zone wider to slip it more easily. Right now it's on or off. 2018 FE501 with 3 hrs.

Clutch slave failed at 95 hours right after a top end rebuild... Called dealership where I bought it and they said the same as one of the above posts: “Yep, it’s a known issue and we’ll warranty it immediately. This one shouldn’t fail as Husqvarna apparently changed something internally”. 

Im assuming oring shape or material as there isn’t much to these things.

• Like 1

Been following this for a while. Mods so far - Emissions delete, air reeds removed, FMF 4.1, Vortex (Holy shit!), Seat Concepts seat, and some other farkles.

I have been contemplating for some time whether or not to go ahead and replace the stock slave cylinder given the high fail rate. Well, I don't have to contemplate anymore. Died on me yesterday in traffic, on the way to work. Just like everyone says, one second it was working, the next it wasn't. I'm at 42 hours and about 1500 miles. I suppose it's better than in the middle of the desert, or the bottom of a valley.

So the Oberon CLU 1000 is on order. Seems like everyone is having good luck with this one, but I'm still left thinking it may be worth carrying an extra, or at least an O-ring, for emergencies. Between that, the fuel pump, filters, etc. I will have a entire bag dedicated just to spare parts ?

Still worth it though, this bike rips.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, FortunateJon said:

Been following this for a while. Mods so far - Emissions delete, air reeds removed, FMF 4.1, Vortex (Holy shit!), Seat Concepts seat, and some other farkles.

I have been contemplating for some time whether or not to go ahead and replace the stock slave cylinder given the high fail rate. Well, I don't have to contemplate anymore. Died on me yesterday in traffic, on the way to work. Just like everyone says, one second it was working, the next it wasn't. I'm at 42 hours and about 1500 miles. I suppose it's better than in the middle of the desert, or the bottom of a valley.

So the Oberon CLU 1000 is on order. Seems like everyone is having good luck with this one, but I'm still left thinking it may be worth carrying an extra, or at least an O-ring, for emergencies. Between that, the fuel pump, filters, etc. I will have a entire bag dedicated just to spare parts :lol:

Still worth it though, this bike rips.

I don't think you need to carry any spares with the Oberon.  I have yet to hear anyone have a failure on the CLU-1000.  

• Like 1

Got my Oberon today. The circlip on the inside, holing in that ball, was not fully clipped in. I pushed it down and snapped it in, and the clip scratched the 'barrel' or whatever it's called. It's normal for the ball to be rattling around, right? Once it's pressurized I figure that will go away.

IMG_3785.JPG