Acerbis Tank Group Buy

Hey guys, 

trying to gauge some interest in a group by on Acerbis gas tanks.

I have spoken with Daniel from a company called Just Gas Tanks and he mentioned to me that if I could get a group of 10 buyers he would offer us a discount. Still waiting to hear back on final pricing but I will update everyone when I do.

Here is the link to the tanks from their website. 

https://www.justgastanks.com/honda-crf250l-acerbis-gas-tank-natural/

Now one issue right off the bat is that I am located in Canada, Preferably I would like to offer this to Canadian members. however if there is enough interest I could open this up to US members as well and I will have to work out the logistics of getting all of these tanks delivered without having to jump back and forth across the border. 

- JB

3.8 Litre increase for $200 USD - exchange works out to $264 CDN - and whatever shipping is ...

Even without shipping it is $70 a litre for the increased capacity. Plus the plastics will not line up and fit properly ...

I would ask about drop shipping in the group package as opposed to having 10+ tanks shipped directly to you in Canada.....unless you've got a big garage that's a hell of a lot of stuff to store, relabel, and reship. plus, technically I think  you'd have to do customs forms for all of the ones coming to the US.

Here are the responses I received today, nothing too impressive on the discount side of things. 

As of now everything is being sent out to a reshipping service in Portland, where they will be distributed from. Still in the planning stages of things but I am working to see if the company is willing to ship them out individually. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Dear sir- we will give you 10% of the retail cost , plus you have to pay for the shipping."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"To ship 10  tanks, lead time would be 3 weeks for delivery.

Shipping cost would be  in a neighborhood to $200- $300.

In regards to a discount it depends your commitment."

Edited by JBBC

6 hours ago, JBBC said:

"Dear sir- we will give you 10% of the retail cost , plus you have to pay for the shipping."

"To ship 10  tanks, lead time would be 3 weeks for delivery.

Shipping cost would be  in a neighborhood to $200- $300.

In regards to a discount it depends your commitment."

So they give you $26 CDN off. But charge you $20 - $30 USD each to ship.

3 weeks for delivery - means they do not have any stock. They will get them from some other place, who already has their markup attached, and then add their markup.

Bend over before you order.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, JBBC said:

Well &%$#@! me for trying then.

just trying to get some fellow 250L riders a good price on upgrades. 

And that is fine. I was just pointing out the reality. To those from Canada - like myself - who may not be aware.

&%$#@! do what you want.