2015 WR 450 - What Power Mods?

Bought a new (left over) 2015 WR 450. This is the first new motorcycle I have purchase in nearly 50 years of riding, all the other bikes I have owned have been modified prior to me owning them. My last bike was  a 2005 WR 450f (gray wire still attached).  Upon the first twist if the throttle of the new bike it became evident that it does not have the same power as the 2005. I know I need to change the throttle stop to what the YZ uses, but am unclear on remapping and exhaust mods. Looking for direction / suggestions.   Thx!

Get the race ecu and pull the restrictor out of the pipe.  There is a restrictor on the top of the airbox too.   Go ride.  A slipon will gain a little more for a lot more noise.

Pick up the factory Yamaha FI diagnostic tool to set the CO properly so it will start without issues,  there is a big thread on the front page right now with ALL the details.

Get it from these guys,  Should be about $100 with shipping ( you won't find it anywhere cheaper )  https://www.cmsnl.com/products/fi-disgnostic-tool_9089003182/#.WU0zgGjythF

Edited by Pinepig
  • Like 2