Bulletproof Radiator Guards Work!

My Bulletproof guards allowed me to get back to the truck will all the coolant still in my radiators. I hit a hidden tree in 3rd gear on winding singletrack and it stopped me dead in my tracks. If I hadn't had those guards my radiator would have been toast 15 miles from the truck in the mountains. I'm glad I added that on my BYOB when I bought the bike.

I'm really grateful that wasn't my leg or chest. Count your blessings.

IMG_20170622_232745_134.jpgIMG_20170622_232745_135.jpg20170622_231324.jpg

• Like 7

I bent the stock radiators all to hell in one crash, if I had guards/braces, they might have been fine. I ended up replacing them with the oversize Myler's and the Myler's specific Bulletproof guards. So far about a year on them and they are only slightly tweaked...as much trauma as my poor bike has been through, this is a good thing.

I bent the stock radiators all to hell in one crash, if I had guards/braces, they might have been fine. I ended up replacing them with the oversize Myler's and the Myler's specific Bulletproof guards. So far about a year on them and they are only slightly tweaked...as much trauma as my poor bike has been through, this is a good thing.

That's awesome. No doubt I would have been screwed if I didn't have those guards. I just bought those Myler radiators and guards myself to replace these. I had wanted them before, but now I have an excuse.

Why does the radiator look bent to all hell in the 3rd picture

That's because it is. It's curved that way because it bent around the gas tank.

Its suppose to be like that or the bend is from the crash?

From the crash.

12 minutes ago, brysonrs said:

From the crash.

Then what are we talking about here? 

All i see is $600 worth of radiator damage and the $200 guards you have did nothing.

who cares if the radiators didn't crack or leak this time. You get damn lucky is what i see (which is also fine luck never hurt anyone)

In my eyes the radiator guards failed completely. They failed to protect the radiator and damage insued. The fact that they didn't spring a leak means you were lucky. The guards still did not prevent damage. I have never liked those over priced pieces of junk even though i own a set

15 hours ago, kcchance said:

automagp68 - get a clue...Without those guards he would have been stranded, period! 

Get a clue he says?

Hilarious... another thumper talk newbie keyboard tuff guy

$200 radiator guards and he gets $600 (or some over priced amount)  worth of bent radiators and you think that is something to celebrate? lol

Wow.... but im the one who should get a clue? hmmmmm 

How about $200 radiator guards and no damage... Then you can celebrate.  It doesnt matter if they did not leak this time! The fact that ANY DAMAGE to the radiator happened MEANT that he COULD of been stranded! They didnt do shit! 

• Like 1

Then what are we talking about here? 
All i see is $600 worth of radiator damage and the $200 guards you have did nothing.
who cares if the radiators didn't crack or leak this time. You get damn lucky is what i see (which is also fine luck never hurt anyone)
In my eyes the radiator guards failed completely. They failed to protect the radiator and damage insued. The fact that they didn't spring a leak means you were lucky. The guards still did not prevent damage. I have never liked those over priced pieces of junk even though i own a set

Okay buddy.

1 minute ago, brysonrs said:

Okay buddy. emoji108.png

okay buddy what! your rads are bent to all hell! How was that anything other then luck that they didnt leak????????

It has crap to do with the guards! Are the rads bent or are they not? YES they are so they failed! simple as that

If you were going .00001 mph faster maybe they would of leaked then you would be singing a different tune about how your $200 guards didnt do anything!

• Like 1

Get a clue he says?
Hilarious... another thumper talk newbie keyboard tuff guy
$200 radiator guards and he gets $600 (or some over priced amount)  worth of bent radiators and you think that is something to celebrate? lol
Wow.... but im the one who should get a clue? hmmmmm 
How about $200 radiator guards and no damage... Then you can celebrate.  It doesnt matter if they did not leak this time! The fact that ANY DAMAGE to the radiator happened MEANT that he COULD of been stranded! They didnt do shit! 

Apparently they did save the radiator. ANYTHING wouldn't be able to save a radiator in third gear hitting a tree and keep it in pristine shape. Hillarious, yet another thumpertalk newbie keyboard tough guy making a non sensical response....
  • Like 1