Sign in to follow this  

Swingarm Pivot Bolt Removal

I'm going to conduct some maintenance on the bike this weekend. I've seen a lot of videos about people taking the rear wheel off, shock spring, he whole swingarm even off. I just want to check out hat bolt, grease it up, and put it back. My bike has only been out maybe 10-12 rides but we ride trails with a lot of water. I should just be able to take the lower shock spring bolt out in the linkage and the brake lever and thats about it correct? I bought a punch to help if needed.

You might be lucky and it comes out easy because it's so new, a few years back I bought an air hammer and it's the most awesome thing for removing swing arm bolts that I ever seen.your on the right path servicing it sooner than latter

• Like 2

Assuming you have already removed the wheel, chain, brake line, and linkage, you should be good.  Probably not a bad idea to do your linkage bearings while you at it if they haven't been done recently, since your doing the swingarm bearings anyways.

Don't forget to take the little cotter pin out of the backside of the brake pivot bolt before you remove.  Despite doing it a dozen times, somehow forgot that recently while using a cordless rathchet...

• Like 1

You might be lucky and it comes out easy because it's so new, a few years back I bought an air hammer and it's the most awesome thing for removing swing arm bolts that I ever seen.your on the right path servicing it sooner than latter

I always wondered if that would work what kind did you Use?