CVK40 airbox boot

Trying to install a cvk40 and having a heck of time getting the airbox side boot on. The cvk is a full 1/8" bigger diameter then the bsr. I've got the boot and carb out of the bike and heated the boot up and can barely get it on but it don't want to stay on for nothing. Any tips?

I don't think so.The stock airboot is relieved for shock clearance as it has an oval profile.Try spraying the stock boot with silicone and slip it over the inlet of the carb with the help of a mechanic's hose pick and a small inspection mirror to work it on.Attach it to the carb first the move back to the airbox.A heat gun could also help in softening it also.

Edited by bumtarder
  • Like 1

I'd stick with the airbox , someway getting the boot to fit rather than a pod filter. They are fine if you run all street and good weather but as soon as wet weather comes or dust/dirt/mud, it's hard on them . Running a Outer Wares or Filter Skinz pre-filter helps quite a bit then.

Edited by jjktmrider
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pat Kinsel said:

Success! Got my squirm on! Love the extra oomph.

20170625_150212.jpg

To me the CVK40 was the best bang for the buck I did for my bike. A ways back it was very reasonable, like $100 for a decent one, and I think I paid $125 for one that was pristine. Why guys are spending upwards of $700 or more on FCR's is beyond me. One or two extra HP doesn't change the fact that the bike is still a DRZ and it'll ALWAYS be a DRZ.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Signman606 said:

Thanks for that reminder Ken.........had to laugh though! ?

Trust me Wayne, if I didn't snag the 44oz flywheel, I would likely have done the same as you. :cheers:

Switching the cams made it rev higher, but not much faster. Losing 10oz off the flywheel was every bit as dramatic as the carb, pipe and 3x3 mod, but it was a multiplier for the cams. Heck, it was an exponent for the cams!

I bought my bike new and I can nearly see the light at the end of the mod tunnel, and it's not the headlight of a 450 EXC-F coming! (I don't think, anyway)

I can only imagine how your 350 pulls. :ride:

Edited by Bermudacat
  • Like 1