NBC Sports Gold app is extra crappy today...

Trying to watch Muddy Creek practice on my Macbook Pro.

Imagine watching a normal broadcast while blinking your eyes every half second. That's how choppy it is....

What a waste of $50.....

Never again.

Imagine watching a normal broadcast while blinking your eyes every half second. That's how choppy it is....
What a waste of $50.....
Never again.

Mine was working flawlessly through Chromecast.
  • Like 1

Using Chrome Cast as well. 

Just switched to my Android tablet via Chrome Cast. Not as choppy, but fades in and out between a sharp, then blurry picture. 

Every week it does the same crap...

I watch it on my Android phone no problem. I watch it on my 55" TV with Amazon Firestick no problem. Log in through my Amazon Fire tablet, not problems. Those three are crystal clear with zero issues at all. However I do notice some chop on the laptop also using Chrome, so I don't use that. Well worth the $50 IMO and I will do it again next season.......being that I have no regular TV provider anymore.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

I watch it on my Android phone no problem. I watch it on my 55" TV with Amazon Firestick no problem. Log in through my Amazon Fire tablet, not problems. Those three are crystal clear with zero issues at all. However I do notice some chop on the laptop also using Chrome, so I don't use that. Well worth the $50 IMO and I will do it again next season.......being that I have no regular TV provider anymore.

I'll try the Macbook using Firefox when the mains start again.

Wonder if it's an issue with my ISP.  I live in the unincorporated part of our county...

Just now, YZ250F49 said:

Wonder if it's an issue with my ISP.  I live in the unincorporated part of our county...

You may not have enough data speed on your current plan to be running it off the laptop? Then again, I have about as fast as it get's and I had issues with Chrome too. Everything else I have it flies great.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

You may not have enough data speed on your current plan to be running it off the laptop? Then again, I have about as fast as it get's and I had issues with Chrome too. Everything else I have it flies great.

Ok, I don't see a way to cast to Chromecast from Mozilla...

8 minutes ago, YZ250F49 said:

Ok, I don't see a way to cast to Chromecast from Mozilla...

Ok..... On my laptop. Now I logged in with regular old internet explorer rather than Chrome and it is PERFECT. No choppyness, no freezes and high quality picture. Give that a try. 

12 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

Ok..... On my laptop. Now I logged in with regular old internet explorer rather than Chrome and it is PERFECT. No choppyness, no freezes and high quality picture. Give that a try. 

Don't have IE on my Macbook.

It seems to stream almost perfect on Mozilla on but I really didn't want to watch it on a laptop, which is why I got the Chromecast.

Oh well..  thanks for your replies, I appreciate your time!

2 hours ago, YZ250F49 said:

What a waste of $50.....

Never again.

I am on my sucky office wifi and it is working FLAWLESSLY.   But I run Windows 10 so I have that going for me  :smirk: 

Has everything to do with your internet. I'm dealing with the exact same issue, unicorporated city and satellite internet...

2 hours ago, chrisdutton said:

Has everything to do with your internet. I'm dealing with the exact same issue, unicorporated city and satellite internet...

how is satellite internet?  I always wondered how well that worked.  Don't they have limits, like usage amounts?

The app works excellent on the Roku only issue I have is if I goto the app before it streams and it says will start shortly, however it gets stuck there and I need to exit that stream and relaunch it when it does go live. does not automatically switch to live feed. Missed a few starts before I figured out what was gong on.

Todays race was the first one that it ran perfectly on my desktop. Roku doesn't support it and my laptop doesn't play it very well, my new Fire HD tablet doesn't support it so the desktop it is. Not that big of a deal since I have a 20", 23" monitor and a 40" HD tv on it...

8 hours ago, Budlite said:

Todays race was the first one that it ran perfectly on my desktop. Roku doesn't support it and my laptop doesn't play it very well, my new Fire HD tablet doesn't support it so the desktop it is. Not that big of a deal since I have a 20", 23" monitor and a 40" HD tv on it...

I had given up on the Roku also when NBC support said in an email that only bicycle racing was on the app.

When I read your reply I fired up the Roku app just for the heck of it and all the races are on there now! There is even a specific channel so you don't have to wade through all the other BS.

Not sure if the live part works but will be trying that out next week.

15 hours ago, chrisdutton said:

Not so sure it's the ISP because it streamed perfectly on my Macbook using the Firefox browser, but there's no way to Chromecast it to my TV unless I use Chrome, then it's choppy. Android tablet using the app is smoother, but then the stream gets blurry. 
Frustrating...

It has worked perfectly for me on my Galaxy S7 using the app and on chromecast. It even works great on LTE but sucks up my data lol, gotta see those races though. 

My only gripe so far is that the NBC app doesn't seem to support gold on my Xbox but then again I didn't really mess with it too much since I also have a chromecast on that TV. Would be nice to put in on my Xbox though because that is hooked in through my surround sound and I love the sound of the 450's off the line with my sub turned all the way up. 

I'm really glad they put this subscription together and hope they have something similar for Supercross. 

16 hours ago, M1Garand said:

The app works excellent on the Roku only issue I have is if I goto the app before it streams and it says will start shortly, however it gets stuck there and I need to exit that stream and relaunch it when it does go live. does not automatically switch to live feed. Missed a few starts before I figured out what was gong on.

This is brand new apparently this weekend for the NBC Sports Gold App on Roku. The replays are showing up for the first time. This is cool as now I can watch it on my 70" tv....since I bought the tv to watch Supercross, Pro Motocross, and the Phoenix Suns....