2000 yz125 clutch engaging?

Okay so I recently bought a 2000 yz125 a while back on Craigslist, the guy I bought it from was riding it when it got locked up in first gear and he forced it back into neutral where it wouldn't go into any other gear. I bought the bike took it home tore it down and found there was metal debris that came out the oil plug. I split the casing and found a barring holder came out and got grounded up in the gears wasn't a big problem checked everything out, (shifting forks) (gears) etc then replaced the holder. When I put it back together and assembled the engine on the bike. It wouldn't go in neutral at all but it would shift into other gears, the clutch lever is really loose not like play loose like as the clutch has no tension at all and if I try to rotate my back wheel or the transmission it just locks after about half a rotation and tries to turn the engine over ;( please help I've ran out of options I don't know what it could be other than the little rod with a gear in the clutch cover because the gear is missing two teeth but the clutch felt fine when I bought the bike I doubt I messed the two little teeth up. It has a Hinson billet prof clutch with a stock clutch cover thanks to anyone who can help greatly appreciated!!

Yeah... missing gear teeth... not a fix. Replace the gear, inspect the rest for pitting, replace any pairs that show signs of damage. Chances are, all trans bearing should be changed out.

Who knows what else is not right in an abused bike like you have. I assume you used a service manual and the parts listing to confirm all parts were there, assemble correctly. I hope you got it close to free.

I actually do have a service manual that I have been using on the bike that the ex owner gave me. Thank you for your help ill see what I can do for now

Also when me and my friend tore down the bike I had him check for any other problems in the tranny bearings etc... He said he didn't see any as far as that but do you know if I would have to replace the clutch cover or just get another gear? Also when we were putting it back together on the shift drum where the forks go in I couldn't get them to go all the way back into the slots on the drums we didn't think it was a problem could this also be a culprit? 

Everything on assembly should just slip in. Not being able to slip the forks in the shift drum easily is a sign you've done something wrong. The manual states to test shift the trans BEFORE putting the cases back together. Broken gears are a significant problem. Also note, not all the clutch plates are identical, the first and last friction are different.

Did you check the shift forks for wear and being square to the shafts they slide on?

Is the damaged gear #20 or #11 or #1 or #4 or another one?

961_clutch.gif

Yes we check the shifting forks and all even the shafts and made sure they fit and we tested the trans you can twist it like switch it but it doesn't go all the way back that's why I told him to put it together because I wasn't sure if there needed to be oil or something or the clutch to make it shift in the drum all the way back. I also went through the clutch plates to make sure they won't sticking that was all good. And the part that's broken is at the bottom of number 20 the little gear thing

The bottom of #20 activates with #11 but some of the teeth are gone so idk if it can still activate #11 that's why I wanted to ask a professional like you lol

Yeah, I'd replace #20 and #11 both. No teeth = no clutch operation.

If the trans does not shift with the engine off and rocking the bike forward and back, you messed something up in the assembly.

The trans shifts fine I have the shifter on it just wouldn't go into neutral and if you try to spin the wheel it would be like trying to start it in 1st could you give me the website where I could go to get these parts?

Yeah I got them I just didn't know the exact name I kept looking it up on the cover it was with the clutch schismatics lol