The dream RM250 smoker

Here's an RM250 that I bet a lot of us smoker fans would like to have...

• Like 3

This bike has made the rounds, lots of interest in it but AF RM250's are "kind of" common, several companies make them.  The Suzuki 2t forum has been dreaming about Suzuki releasing one since '09 and every year nothing happens.  If anything a popular size seems to be 300cc's (we might as well dream), then you'd have a bike that could legitimately compete with a 450 but wouldn't compete and take sales from their 250f.  Plus then the off-road racers would really have an alternative.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, Brad04 said:

Yamaha still makes the yz125 and yz250, so why doesn't Suzuki bring the rm's back? Same for the cr's and kx's. 

Deep down Honda has always been a 4t company, so unless the rules change you will never see another 2t CR.  Kawasaki is a small company like Suzuki, so keeping up both a 2t and 4t line up just isn't cost effective.  I have no idea why Yamaha keeps their 2t line up going ~ well, it could be that they haven't made any real changes to the bike in years but still manage to sell them for more and more each year.

If Suzuki built a 300 2t with an AF frame they'd never be able to build enough to keep up with the demand.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, zig06 said:

Deep down Honda has always been a 4t company, so unless the rules change you will never see another 2t CR.  Kawasaki is a small company like Suzuki, so keeping up both a 2t and 4t line up just isn't cost effective.  I have no idea why Yamaha keeps their 2t line up going ~ well, it could be that they haven't made any real changes to the bike in years but still manage to sell them for more and more each year.

If Suzuki built a 300 2t with an AF frame they'd never be able to build enough to keep up with the demand.

Well Honda sucks at making 4t but there 2t's were awesome so. They should atleast offer a special order option for 2t's. built to order. That'd be cool. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Brad04 said:

Well Honda sucks at making 4t but there 2t's were awesome so. They should atleast offer a special order option for 2t's. built to order. That'd be cool. 

Yea sure maybe Honda should, but this is the Suzuki forum so I'll stick to commenting on what Suzuki should do.  Which brings up one point ~ the current Suzuki CEO keeps forgetting to check with me before making model decisions...  so I guess I should lay it out in an open forum.

Job #1:  Figure out how to bring a modern 2t to the market.  You will have to follow KTM's lead and call it a closed course model like their XC line up (NOT the EXC's), that will keep you away from any possible emission issues.  But by making it more for the off-road racing market you can give it a bigger gas tank and a removable kick stand.  From there the last US model RM250 was very good, so good that if you just kicked the displacement up to 300cc's (298cc's will do), that alone will give it a nice power boost.  Enough of a boost that you will not need to spend a bunch of time developing a new cylinder (with reconfigured ports), just give it a bigger bore and stroke and drop it into the current RMZ-250 AF frame.

Don't touch anything else!

Deal?

• Like 3

I like your idea entirely. But I was referring to all manufacturers to have a special order option until sold out.