I'm looking to get into the dirt bike market. I currently have a bike for the road - a Suzuki TU250X. This has quite a low seat height - 770mm or roundabouts - and this is comfortable for me. I could go an extra few centimetres particularly because dirt bikes are generally more narrow (so my legs won't be as wide apart) and I'd have thick dirt bike boots on.

The dirt bike that I do get needs to be road legal as I want to ride it in national parks etc. rather then just private property. There are plenty of road registrable dirt bikes out there but the seat heights are insane. Most being around 870mm - 940mm which is way to high for me. I'm 5'2" with an inseam of about 63cm (I think). So, as you can imagine it's hard finding something that fits - with most bikes leaving my feet dangling. 

I have been looking at the Honda CRF250L, as its stock seat height is smaller then most. It looks like something that is marketed at the weekend trail rider rather than hard core enduro or motocross rider and that's fine by me - I just want something easy to ride. Its stock seat height is 875mm and I want to know what the best ways of lowering it - I don't weigh too much so lowering the suspension is okay (I know it affects the ride). Does anyone have suggestions

I also see the Suzuki DR200S - with a seat height of 845mm (which is lower) but I have to say I'm not keen on the way it looks... Silly I know. Suggestions on lowering this one?

Otherwise, are there any other suggestions of bike model and their lowering techniques.? I'd rather not have a bike less than 200cc's. 250cc-300cc's is ideal. 

Any help would be amazing. I have been looking for some time but I am striking out. 

Thanks in advance! ?

Edited by zanra

I'm looking to get into the dirt bike market. I currently have a bike for the road - a Suzuki TU250X. This has quite a low seat height - 770mm or roundabouts - and this is comfortable for me. I could go an extra few centimetres particularly because dirt bikes are generally more narrow (so my legs won't be as wide apart) and I'd have thick dirt bike boots on.
The dirt bike that I do get needs to be road legal as I want to ride it in national parks etc. rather then just private property. There are plenty of road registrable dirt bikes out there but the seat heights are insane. Most being around 870mm - 940mm which is way to high for me. I'm 5'2" with an inseam of about 25" (I think). So, as you can imagine it's hard finding something that fits - with most bikes leaving my feet dangling. 
I have been looking at the Honda CRF250L, as its stock seat height is smaller then most. It looks like something that is marketed at the weekend trail rider rather than hard core enduro or motocross rider and that's fine by me - I just want something easy to ride. Its stock seat height is 875mm and I want to know what the best ways of lowering it - I don't weigh too much so lowering the suspension is okay (I know it affects the ride). Does anyone have suggestions
I also see the Suzuki DR200S - with a seat height of 845mm (which is lower) but I have to say I'm not keen on the way it looks... Silly I know. Suggestions on lowering this one?
Otherwise, are there any other suggestions of bike model and their lowering techniques.? I'd rather not have a bike less than 200cc's. 250cc-300cc's is ideal. 
Any help would be amazing. I have been looking for some time but I am striking out. 
Thanks in advance! [emoji4]

I think a Yamaha xt225 could also be an option, I am 5'7" and am flat footed. Not as powerful as a 250 but it has good top speed for road use. The thing is also bullet proof.

zanra, you haven't mentioned your location.

That greatly alters choices on what's possible to make road legal or not.

Since you've posted a lot of measurements in Metric, I'm guessing your not in the USA.

It is a great looking bike! I'm guessing you lowered yours? What does the seat height start at and if you lowered it, what is it now? 

It looks like you might be in the US, I'm in Australia so I think the plating will be different but definitely worth looking in to!

Right now, the seat is at 34 1/2". Not sure what it starts at, but is 10 % smaller than a full size bike. I put on the Kouba link which drops the .86". They have another one which will drop it 2". Also put on the low seat, which drops it another inch. The bike will sit down once you're on it, so keep that in mind. Good luck.