2017 fc250 real reviews

I am new to dirbikes and just bought a 2009 Rmz450 only to find out it's a houred out time bomb. But I instantly got hooked on this sport and going to dive in and just buy new.

I got a great price ($8578 Canadian) out the door price on a 2017 fc250, but before I pull the trigger I am looking for some real reviews after this bike has been out for a year now.

I've read about some starting issues with batteries in this section and seen a few posts with issues with the hydraulic clutch but mostly with the 450's.

Any information is greatly appreciated before I make a decision due to the fact I'm sure my wife is going to shoot me when I come home with another toy

Thanks,

Adam

I am new to dirbikes and just bought a 2009 Rmz450 only to find out it's a houred out time bomb. But I instantly got hooked on this sport and going to dive in and just buy new.

I got a great price ($8578 Canadian) out the door price on a 2017 fc250, but before I pull the trigger I am looking for some real reviews after this bike has been out for a year now.

I've read about some starting issues with batteries in this section and seen a few posts with issues with the hydraulic clutch but mostly with the 450's.

Any information is greatly appreciated before I make a decision due to the fact I'm sure my wife is going to shoot me when I come home with another toy

Thanks,
Adam

Well I got the bike haven't to to ride it yet to dry conditions and forest fires in the bush. Still looking for some reviews

IMG_6857.JPG

I just got the bike a week ago and only had 1 break in ride so far but I love it. I'm coming off a 2014 crf250r where I spent a lot getting the suspension done. I just set the front forks pressure to 137psi(I read that 154 as recommended in the manual was too high) and it felt great. I haven't even set sag or played with clickers which I plan to do next ride. I wasn't revving the bike just cruising on the track and going through the gears in straightaways. For some reason the Honda ergonomics never felt completely natural to me but the Husky feels perfect. I also prefer steel frames to aluminum. I think you will love the bike when you get it out riding.

• Like 1

I just got the bike a week ago and only had 1 break in ride so far but I love it. I'm coming off a 2014 crf250r where I spent a lot getting the suspension done. I just set the front forks pressure to 137psi(I read that 154 as recommended in the manual was too high) and it felt great. I haven't even set sag or played with clickers which I plan to do next ride. I wasn't revving the bike just cruising on the track and going through the gears in straightaways. For some reason the Honda ergonomics never felt completely natural to me but the Husky feels perfect. I also prefer steel frames to aluminum. I think you will love the bike when you get it out riding.

Right on thank you for the info. What size are you? I'm 5'10" and 200lbs. I've set the fork psi at 122psi, the shop had it at 118.....? And set the rest of the clickers at standard. I also added a fmf 4.1 titanium with the carbon tip can't wait to hear her bark if we ever get some rain around here.

I'm 6 foot and 180lbs but I wear every possible safety gear so probably at least 200 geared up. My forks were in the 120s from the shop but the manual said 154 so I just tried to split the difference. I will probably go a little lower next time out when I set my sag and then start to play with clickers. I was pleasantly surprised that it felt so good first time out and pretty much had nothing dialed in yet.

• Like 1

I killed my battery from stating it up in my shop and running it without riding it......dang it. What charges it the engine rpm's?