Hello i am 16 and i am looking at a 2010 crf450r and i was just wondering if it would have too much power for me?

Now i have quite a lot of riding experience riding dirt bikes (90,125,150,230,250) and i have a mate who has a crf250r and i have ridden that a couple of times and its not quite the power i am looking for so thats why i am wondering about the 450.

Any help in much appreciated.

• Like 2

Will you be racing motocross or trail riding?

Edited by tkjos99
Misspell

23 minutes ago, Alexander Dawson said:

bit of both

go with a 350 sx-f

• Like 1

Impossible question to answer without actually known your riding ability. Along with the power, they are bigger, heavier machines. Regardless of the actually weight figures, the extra rotating parts of a 4 stroke engine makes them Feel heavier compared to a 2 stroke of the same weight.

A more important question is do you have thousands of dollars in disposable money incase it needs rebuilt or blows up?

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 8:32 PM, tkjos99 said:

go with a 350 sx-f

Agree with above and my .02...

If racing doesn't pay your bills and/or put food on your table you don't need a 450. No one NEEDS a 450. They HAD to make them to beat 250 2strokes in the 1998-2006 time frame. Now they are monsters.

You could handle a 450 easy. It takes a bit of getting used to because if you twist it at the wrong time bad things will happen. The 250 is much more forgiving when it comes to power. I personally have owned a 450X when I was 15 and now ride a CR 250. I get on a 250f or a 125 and I can't stand it now.