Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

REDBUD!!!

Recommended Posts

rb28-1.jpg

 

Anyone not familiar with Indiana construction be aware while travelling on I-94.   I just went to Chicago this last Thursday and they are working in I-94 just about the whole road from Michigan to Illinois.  On a Thursday morning it was very bad, can't imagine what 4th weekend will bring, which is usually plugged up during the 4th... good luck.

Guess who

RedBud_OW27_375.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Havingfun said:

rb28-1.jpg

 

Anyone not familiar with Indiana construction be aware while travelling on I-94.   I just went to Chicago this last Thursday and they are working in I-94 just about the whole road from Michigan to Illinois.  On a Thursday morning it was very bad, can't imagine what 4th weekend will bring, which is usually plugged up during the 4th... good luck.

Guess who

RedBud_OW27_375.jpg

Hanna?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, lowmass said:

Hanna?

yup..  to easy for you.   works bike

p.s.  take a look at the soil, that is how the soil of the track use to be.

Edited by Havingfun
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Havingfun said:

never forget

 

geneR.jpg

See, they were clearing LaRocco's Leap way back in the 60's.  🤣

Edited by jcm3
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Havingfun said:

 

yup..  to easy for you.   works bike

p.s.  take a look at the soil, that is how the soil of the track use to be.

Ha not sure why or how I remember really. wasn't sure if he ever ran #39 but was somehow in the back of my brain. 

Soil? Whats that. Here in central NY anything resembling real soil on local tracks has long sense washed away

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lowmass said:

Ha not sure why or how I remember really. wasn't sure if he ever ran #39 but was somehow in the back of my brain. 

Soil? Whats that. Here in central NY anything resembling real soil on local tracks has long sense washed away

spent yard waste and rice hauls... now brewery waste.  on the good note, maybe we can bag it and ferment it. :cheers:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Havingfun said:

spent yard waste and rice hauls... now brewery waste.  on the good note, maybe we can bag it and ferment it. :cheers:

Word, the stuff smells like its "fermenting" right on the track. I come home and the wife asks if I was ridding in the cow field

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Havingfun said:

I know this guy, but still have not figured out who it is..

erinB.jpg

 

This guy?

graham-howdy-doody.jpg.f0c3d1fd26eb20537f5449faef2054f6.jpg

 

 

 

4df5e2e9d6e90516553a738ac6638cd3--howdy-doody-old-tv-shows.jpg

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kev_XR said:

Karsmakers?   (Seeing who is really old.)

you got me..  I did not know and looked it up..  

👍 Nice read here - http://motocross.transworld.net/news/pierre-karsmakers-talks-with-a-legend/

Funny paragraph -

 I have a good one. I was training at Saddleback park during one of my two 45 minute motos and all of the sudden I got passed by a 125cc rider. So After my practice moto was complete, I parked at the mechanics truck and this guy that passed me stopped by and said, “Oh, you’re a factory rider, you’re not that fast!” and I said, “Yeah, you passed me.” Then I said, “Well, it’s because I am on a 490cc and it’s very slippery here at Saddleback Park. You have just a 125cc and you can throttle it on with better grip and all of that.” He replied with “Oh yeah? Why don’t we switch bikes then?” I then thought “Can I do that with a factory bike? Will my mechanic allow it?” So I asked my mechanic and he said “Yeah that’s ok, lets do it just for fun.” He was also riding a Yamaha, so we got on each other’s bikes about 20 minutes later to go race and he said, “You take the start and I’ll go behind you and we’ll see what happens.” So after maybe one or two laps he blew right by me. (Laughs) I couldn’t believe it, and after we pulled in he came up and said, “You see?! I’m faster than you are!” or something like that. That rider was a young Bob Hannah. Right away I knew I had to call our racing manager Kenny Clark and I told him we need to get this guy on our support program, he will be a good one for our team. He got in touch with him and that was how Bob Hannah got his first factory support ride.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...