02 XRR650 sudden no start issue

Appreciate any insight on this behavior. Went out yesterday, cold start at 70 degrees, full choke, 3 kicks with decompression, just past TDC, fires first kick, down the alley, half choke, off choke at the end of the alley, I ride the bike around for about 45 minutes. The first 15 min I was adjusting the idle screw because I've had a few instances where the bike will die at a light...awkward...so I found a setting where the idle was a tad high, but with a couple of throttle blips or easing the clutch it would settle down to the right idle.  Bike ran fine cruising around town. Headed home it died at a light. Ugh. 3 decompression kicks, TDC, fires up. I ride home, Vapor says 192 degrees.  I pull into to driveway, hit the kill switch, pull in the garage, out a charger on the baja designs battery.  

Pulled the charger this morning. Out this afternoon, same starting sequence...no joy on the start. Check all normal stuff, nothing out of whack. Out of desperation, I pulled the air filter and tried starter fluid which always worked. Nothing. Tried half choke, no choke, every combination. Not even a spark. I did try to push start it and got some fire on the next kick start, but nothing after that...

Idle screw setting caused flooded?

Short somewhere?

Do I need to turn petcock off after a ride?

Anything ideas on the hot stall at lights?

Oh, stock carb.

Thanks so much!!!

What is the battery for and how will it being charged help an R start?
Problems in carb.(if you have spark) Id start with float level

Battery is just for lights and other accessories. I included the recharging to cover everything I did that could have had even a remote impact on starting.

If it is the float, is there something that would cause it to go out of adjustment? Seems like I'd have had to change something along the way to impact it.
This is always a good thing to do, independent of everything else.

From now on!

Good question. It is thin pliable metal. It happens. It doesnt, never happen. Vibrations, big impacts, maybe the plunger tip. Thatd be my first guess cause its softer than the metal float tab. Like if the proper lever is 14mm and its at 13 there would be too much gas in the bowl. If its at 15 then not enough. With the plunger tip being the issue youd lose mms(maybe just one mm) in float height. The float tab can go up or down. Which way or why I dont know. Its easy to measure and change. And how i change and test is the tilt and blow into fuel line test. Inspect plunger tip while youre in there, but if tips good and cuts off you blowing through the fuel line then adjust float height. If floats at its proper height and you can blow through it, get a new plunger. 

It runs though? You absolutely have spark? Cut out all possibilities but this sounds like carb. That plastic slosh baffle things around the jets?