Suzuki ds 80 wont start

Just picked up a 1997 suzuki ds80. Compression is 120-125psi, bike appears to have good spark going to the plug. I cannot get the bike to start. Ive been trying using starter fluid and it doesnt come close to starting. Ive taken plug out, poured little starter fluid in, replaced plug and try to pop start it and stil nothing. Any ideas? Could the timing be off(how could i check). Thanks for the help!

It's hard to tell exactly because I have heard so many wild numbers with different compression gauges. I feel a compression reading is only relevant at comparing with the same bike and same gauge throughout the years. Did you crank with the throttle slide wide open?

Im trying to see if the bike can start for a second on starter fluid or gas in cylinder before rebuilding carb. Carb is currently off the bike and was off when comp test was done.

Have you checked for spark? If you sprayed starter fluid in the intake and it doesn't even attempt to fire, this is usually an indication that the bike does not have spark. Also, try to avoid pouring fuel directly into the cylinder, as the gasoline washes the piston and cylinder walls of engine oil which can cause issues. 

The bike has spark and i have also put in a new plug. I kick it over with plug out it has great spark. So it has spark, 125 psi compression, and if i spray starter fluid or put little gas in it should at least start for a second. Is there a timing setting on this bike? Is 125 psi too low? Thanks!!