Rmz250, Kx250f, Crf250r or Yz250f??

I've been looking at getting a 250 2010 model and newer, preferably around the 2011-2013 mark and I need some preferences as to which bike is better to ride. I'm more a novice rider but I will be racing the bike that I end up buying. I'm leaning more towards a rmz250 but I don't know how reliable and durable they are, the second thing on my list would be either a Yz250f or Kx250f, I've always been a fan of the kawi's but I know that yamahas are very reliable and practically bullet proof.

If anyone could help me, if they know from first hand experience of how reliable these bikes are and which feels most comfortable or would suit my type of riding that would help massively. Thanks

Buy a brand new bike. You'll be out approximately the same money if you would happen to blow up a 2010-2013 bike, assuming your budget is 3500-4000. If that is not an option you should consider a 2 stroke.

• Like 1

Buy a brand new bike. You'll be out approximately the same money if you would happen to blow up a 2010-2013 bike, assuming your budget is 3500-4000. If that is not an option you should consider a 2 stroke.

That is my budget but for a brand new bike it costs around 10k in Australia and there's no way I could afford one any time soon. I have considered the 2 strokes but I'm not sure if I would enjoy the powerband because I haven't ridden one in a long time and I forget how the power delivers.

Yamaha tends to be regarded as the most reliable but they are all reliable if you treat them good. If I were buying a older 250f I'd be most concern about buying one that is in the best condition and one that the owner can tell you the most about it's history. Another thing to think about is getting one with EFI or carb, some of the years you mentioned are carb on one bike and efi on another. 

Yamaha tends to be regarded as the most reliable but they are all reliable if you treat them good. If I were buying a older 250f I'd be most concern about buying one that is in the best condition and one that the owner can tell you the most about it's history. Another thing to think about is getting one with EFI or carb, some of the years you mentioned are carb on one bike and efi on another. 

Yeah I'm aware of the carb on the yamahas, that's what's kinda pushing me away because I'm after fuel injection