1994 cr125 with 2000 cr125 cylinder???

I have a 1994 cr125 had to get a new cylinder. Ordered on from one on eBay fella said it fit his 1999 cr125. After doing some research to make sure it fits. When I received it I noticed that the power valve was a different (didn't have the power valve picture on the eBay ad) looked around and it looks like a 2000 cylinder. Kinda pissed off. Can I make it work? Or is it hopeless? Can the power valve prevent it from starting?

It has been done before.  I think you have to put the power valve governor from the newer bike on your 94's bottom end.  I have never done this swap so I am not sure.  Hopefully someone who has will chime in. 

Edit: actually, now that I think about it.  The mods have been the other way around.  putting the older cylinders on newer bottom ends.  I don't know if it has ever been done the other way around.  Sorry.

Edited by frdbtr

It may start and idle, but it will never have any power unless you can get the powervalve to work properly.  IMO, you should send it back for a refund and get the correct cylinder.  The seller obviously gave you bad info if he told you you were getting a 99 cylinder and then sent you a 00 cylinder.

Yea that's where I &%$#@!ed up is that it was no returns -__- so I have to try to sell it. I've already located a new oem 1999 bare cylinder and spoke to the guy sent me pictures. But can't buy it till I sell the 00 cylinder -_- I still have the original scratched up cylinder so ima just transfer the power valve from that.