YZ250F 08 Rear shock

Hello, i purchased a 2008 YZ250F with zero problems until awhile ago my suspension started getting softer and softer every ride (Mostly trails, about 10h track time total) so i decided to change the oil in my forks and shock by watching youtube videos. The forks turned out great, the shock not so much. it feels  like its just bouncing off the spring the rebound is instantaneous and very fast and it continues to bounce for several seconds afterwards. Being tired of not riding for a while i rode it as is once (light trail riding) and the back end was extremely sloppy and all over the place to no surprise. The shock is not leaking oil, and is holding nitrogen to the full extent of my knowledge. if anybody has any suggestions im all ears. i could take it to the shop and have it professionally serviced its only about 15 minutes away but im trying to learn to maintain bikes myself and value the knowledge please let me know what you think any ideas or opinions would be great. Thanks.

what brand and weight of oil did you use to replace the used oil in your rear shock?

If you just changed the oil in the shock and did not remove the valving or unstack the shims it sounds like there is a considerable amount of air in the shock.

50 minutes ago, turbo dan said:

If you just changed the oil in the shock and did not remove the valving or unstack the shims it sounds like there is a considerable amount of air in the shock.

That's what I was thinking....improper bleeding... 

Likely not properly bled as turbo dan suggested, 

also, over time the bladder can develop microscopic tears and leak pressure into the 'oil' side.

You'll still see the proper 142psi at the gauge while pressurizing it but it's making it's way past,

introducing bubbles into the oil side which makes for cavitation.

Happened to my YZ125 with less than 50 riding hours on it.

Edited by mlatour