Husky/Akrapovic help

I just bought a '16 Husky with an Akrapovic slip on.  I think this has a quiet insert in it.  Can I take this out?  If so (pretty sure I can), it's no longer a spark arrestor, right?  Is there a not so quiet (but still legal) insert that is also a sparky?  Any real noticeable power gain to do this?  Is it just the core or do you replace the whole end cap?  Thanks for the help!

5014.png

I've got the same set up, let me know what you come up with, would like it to sound a little more throaty.

I assume there is a way to remove this quiet insert and replace it with a sparky screen, right?  I have tried to go to the Akrapovic site to learn more about their stuff but all I can find is some message that says you can only get Akrapovic stuff for a Husky from an authorized Husky dealer.  Fine but why in the hell cant your site tell me more about your damn product/accessories.  I'd rather sell the stupid thing and go FMF.  Any takers?

You can remove it by taking off the little plug at the bottom of the end cap, there's a screw in there, then it will come out, but not easy.

Akrapovic's web page shows a few models of slip-ons but no parts or accessories are shown.  They simply tell you to look for an authorized Husky dealer for any further info.  I don't care for that.  Akrapovic slip on is for sale!  FMF licenses their products too but at least you can get all part numbers and accessory info on their stuff.

On 6/26/2017 at 5:14 PM, William1 said:

It will only make it louder. It will not make it more powerful.

pffffft, you forgot the most important part:  It looks so much cooler! 

• Like 1