CRF250R starting problems.

So I recently purchased a 08 CRF250R I currently am having many issues with this bike and need as much help as I can get to fix it, so basically whats going on is I can't even start the bike without pop starting it kick start doesn't work for some reason the bike doesn't even drive for that long before turning off and it back fires and makes a LOUD popping sound and I have no idea whats going on with the bike I was also driving today and the sprocket broke some how and the gears won't even in-gage meaning I will kick it in first gear or second or third and won't even move as its in neutral can someone who knows about these type of bikes knows how to help me out a little?

Thanks.. Dave 

So I recently purchased a 08 CRF250R I currently am having many issues with this bike and need as much help as I can get to fix it, so basically whats going on is I can't even start the bike without pop starting it kick start doesn't work for some reason the bike doesn't even drive for that long before turning off and it back fires and makes a LOUD popping sound and I have no idea whats going on with the bike I was also driving today and the sprocket broke some how and the gears won't even in-gage meaning I will kick it in first gear or second or third and the bike will still  move as its in neutral can someone who knows about these type of bikes knows how to help me out a little I can't even start the bike anymore because the bike is basically stuck in neutral and I can't get into a gear to pop start it please help me and let me know what parts I need. 

Thanks.. Dave