Matt Goerke

He seems to be handling the MX1 class in Canada with the exception of his chain coming off last lap this past weekend. Would he crack top 10 in a moto here in the states?

1 hour ago, Cigaro said:

He seems to be handling the MX1 class in Canada with the exception of his chain coming off last lap this past weekend. Would he crack top 10 in a moto here in the states?

He'd beat Dean Wilson. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GBowman said:

He'd beat Dean Wilson. 

I don't see him getting a top 5 here and no he wouldn't beat Wilson...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, meyermetal said:

When did GoRide hijack your account?

I know how fast Goerke is. He's been just as fast and sometimes faster than Pourcel throughout the whole series, and Pourcel is faster than Dean. Goerke is easily a top-10 writer here, easily.

8 hours ago, Cigaro said:

I don't see him getting a top 5 here and no he wouldn't beat Wilson...

See above post. 

28 minutes ago, GBowman said:

I know how fast Goerke is. He's been just as fast and sometimes faster than Pourcel throughout the whole series, and Pourcel is faster than Dean. Goerke is easily a top-10 writer here, easily.

The guy has never been fast anywhere other than Southwick

There is a reason he's in Canada 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, meyermetal said:

The guy has never been fast anywhere other than Southwick

There is a reason he's in Canada 

He's a better rider then he was 3 years ago. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GBowman said:

See above post. 

Tomac had issues passing Wilson at his home track this year. I don't see Tomac having a problem getting around Goerke and the last time Pourcel ran with Tomac he ended up ragdoll'n himself on the ground...

3 hours ago, Cigaro said:

Tomac had issues passing Wilson at his home track this year. I don't see Tomac having a problem getting around Goerke and the last time Pourcel ran with Tomac he ended up ragdoll'n himself on the ground...

You're not really claimimg Deans as fast as Eli are you? 

• Like 2

Winning feels good.  I think if Dungey rode the Canada MX series, I'd call sandbagger, but not others.

Osborne went to Europe to rebuild his career.   Maybe Matt is doing the same or keeping his day job riding MX.   Hard to tell where they stand in an apples to oranges comparison.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, GBowman said:

You're not really claimimg Deans as fast as Eli are you? 

I just claimed Eli would have no problem with Goerke at any point of any race. And you need to lay off the meth pipe if you think this guy cracks the top 5 here. Here's all his results of his last nationals here which was on a much better bike as far as I'm concerned...

Screenshot (61).png

3 hours ago, Cigaro said:

I just claimed Eli would have no problem with Goerke at any point of any race. And you need to lay off the meth pipe if you think this guy cracks the top 5 here. Here's all his results of his last nationals here which was on a much better bike as far as I'm concerned...

Screenshot (61).png

I never said he was a top 5 guy here, but he is a top 10 guy today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kev_XR said:

Winning feels good.  I think if Dungey rode the Canada MX series, I'd call sandbagger, but not others.

Osborne went to Europe to rebuild his career.   Maybe Matt is doing the same or keeping his day job riding MX.   Hard to tell where they stand in an apples to oranges comparison.

He has put a lot of time into figuring things out. He is better prepared and a better rider now and he is making a good living in Canada.  

• Like 2

Recently caught a Canadian mx race and watched Millsaps, Goerke, Alessi...and many others that used to run the US series......it was like a time warp without a RV or RC messing it all up...!

Racin  is still racin....!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, GBowman said:

I never said he was a top 5 guy here, but he is a top 10 guy today. 

You saying he's faster than Dean Wilson would give him a top 5 here since Dean has gotten 3 top 5's this season alone. So ya you pretty much said it...

Edited by Cigaro

6 hours ago, Cigaro said:

You saying he's faster than Dean Wilson would give him a top 5 here since Dean has gotten 3 top 5's this season alone. So ya you pretty much said it...

Big difference between a legit top 5 threat and a guy who has a top 5 finish. Matt has several top 10 finishes , so according to your logic he's a top 10 guy.

Davolas was running 5 the majority of the race last week, is he a top 5 guy? 

Edited by GBowman

1 hour ago, GBowman said:

Davolas was running 5 the majority of the race last week, is he a top 5 guy? 

Hell Ya !

Top 5 decades in the lights.....:lol:

• Like 3

Matt the way he has been riding the last couple years would be a top ten guy in the US.

He likes the series in Canada and makes a very good living racing there. That's why he is not racing in the US. 

Why is AC222 not racing in the US?