What should I get

I am looking to buy a new dirt bike. I've had a drz 125 for a number of years and it's getting to small. I'm around 6 ft . I'm wondering what bike I should get . I won't be doing motocross just roads, trails, fields and the odd sand pit and home made tracks. I was thinking about a 250 four stroke and a 125 2 stroke. My budget is around 2500$.is there any bikes I shouldn't gets done do two strokes have more problems. Please leave your feed back.

Try a 125 2S. It will be 10X the bike your currently have, please be careful. Also realize it will take regular servicing, unlike your DRZ which required next to nothing. You are going from a basic trail bike to a race machine. It is a big step.

• Like 1

Try a 125 2S. It will be 10X the bike your currently have, please be careful. Also realize it will take regular servicing, unlike your DRZ which required next to nothing. You are going from a basic trail bike to a race machine. It is a big step.

Thanks
  • Like 1

And do you have a year and brand prefrence

I am a Yamaha man but all the Japanese 2S 125's are nice bikes. What you need to focus more on is finding one in good/great shape. Sadly, most small bore bikes are owned by younger people with less disposable income and therefore they often do not get serviced as they should, instead the owner 'makes do'. So watch out for a 'polished turd'.

I suggest talking to some local,, older experienced guys in the area and see if one will help you find 'the right one'.