Anyone ridden Fiddle Creek Ridge Trail lately ?

Gonna be camping across the street from the beginning Of Fiddle Creek Ridge Trail this weekend and was wondering if it was passable ?

Last time I went the trail got very overgrown about 7 miles out and then some downfall I wasn't going to get over or around by myself (wussed out) .

Just wondering if it would be worth it to bring the bike to ride 3-4hrs one or two of the three days I will be there .

No idea on the fiddle creek, but the trails in the old mining town 15 minutes east are running good. Some downed trees on the trails not used by the MTBer's though. A trail is being built this summer connecting Halls Ranch to Chimney Rock. Currently, to connect the two, you would need to be plated. This will change that now!

DV_enhancements_2017-optimized.jpg

• Like 1

Fiddle Creek trail connects with Halls Ranch trail right before it cuts down toward 49. That's a nice trail with some really nice views. I'd be interested in finding

out the condition of it too as I'll be up that way around the 4th of July at our cabin in the Plumas Forest and wouldn't mind hitting it on the way home. That or D'Ville.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, whizzer929 said:

Looks like a great place.  Where's the best place to stage?  I'm plated, so short road stints are OK.

My old Sierra Buttes map doesn't cover this area but it looks like the new one does .  Can't download a clear map so I will pick up a new one .

This is where I parked last time even though its only 1/4 mile from camp 

Screenshot_20170627-100459.png

Edited by still2smokin

I rode it a few weeks ago and it was in decent shape. There is a fair amount of poison oak in spots and a couple of brushy sections, but nothing impassible.

We also did some of Halls which was also fun. 

Clipboard01.jpg

• Like 1