Opinions Desired

Hello everyone, been looking around on here for a couple weeks and figured I'd finally drop my question for some feedback. Looking for a bike, obviously or I'd be on a different forum, somewhere in the 250/300 range. Heres some info about me and the typical riding I'll be doing..

My specs: Male, 190 lbs, 5'10, 28 years old. 

Riding Experience: Two wheel mostly street, R6, R1, Harley etc. I've ridden most of em. Off road has been mostly quad, except one trip down the trails on a Yamaha 450 2t (holy moses that was quick). Ridden quads for a few years, Polaris 850, Yamaha/Honda 250's (banshee style) at Silver Lake and on trails. Trails we ride are in Grayling which are a mix of hard pack and loose sand (tank trails). 

Planned Riding: the above mentioned sand dunes and trails. Doubt I'll ever touch an actual Mx track. Will use a paddle tire when in the dunes. In my mind I've narrowed it down to the KTM 250/300 XCW or Yamaha YZ250X. Not really a Honda fan. 

Not trying to open another KTM vs Yamaha thread, Ive read plenty of those. Just looking for some feedback and ensure these are the bikes I should be interested in and if 2 stroke should be my route? I like the easy maintenance but also like the idea of fuel injected 4t. I don't want to be beating the heck out of a 4t in the dunes and turn it into a bigger $ pit than these toys are already. I would prefer having a headlight, 250X does not come with one while both KTM's do (unless I go Yamaha 4t with the WR250f). Thanks for your feedback..

Honestly the 17' Ktms are very good. Until those came out I would of took the yz250x over any previous KTm. Now I would go with the 250/300 KTm or husky. Granted I loved my yz250fx, and two of my buddies have the yz250x, but after riding my other buddies 17' 300xc multiple times I became convinced that they are one step ahead.

Thanks for the reply. I've heard great things about the KTMs, one guy I know who rides trails (Honda 450) all the time said once you ride one you won't want to ride anything else.