Anutha rekluse post

So it does not look like to many people are all that thrilled about Rekluse auto clutches but I love em and just ordered a RadiusX for my 16 YZ 450F. I should have it by Friday so I hope to have it installed for the track on Sat. I'll report my findings on it vs my '13 KTM 450 with the Core 3.0, it will for sure be easier to install...

• Like 2

Who doesn't like a Rekluse?  I don't care what anyone says.  I'm faster everywhere with it.  I'm old and busted up.  I need all the help I can get!  

I had the original version EXP ring on my CRF450.  It worked flawless and I loved the product.  I put the CORE EXP 3.0 on my YZ450 a couple weeks ago.  It works even better than the EXP.  

It looks like the RadiusX is the EXP ring with the thinner TorqDrive plates....  I was wondering why they had discontinued the EXP only a while back.  

Let us know how it works out.  

6 minutes ago, wforic said:

Who doesn't like a Rekluse?  I don't care what anyone says.  I'm faster everywhere with it.  I'm old and busted up.  I need all the help I can get!  

I had the original version EXP ring on my CRF450.  It worked flawless and I loved the product.  I put the CORE EXP 3.0 on my YZ450 a couple weeks ago.  It works even better than the EXP.  

It looks like the RadiusX is the EXP ring with the thinner TorqDrive plates....  I was wondering why they had discontinued the EXP only a while back.  

Let us know how it works out.  

Me, I couldn't stand a Reckless clutch. In the type of riding we do they don't do it. Everything is done with a normal clutch.  

My experience is a complete 180* from your's.. I ride Tight mountain ST, Open Dez, Dunes, MX tracks of all kinds and have yet to experience a situation where the Rekluse was not beneficial.

6 minutes ago, Wrfrk said:

My experience is a complete 180* from your's.. I ride Tight mountain ST, Open Dez, Dunes, MX tracks of all kinds and have yet to experience a situation where the Rekluse was not beneficial.

Come on over to the California riding section. Those that use Rekluse clutches get punished. We do more extreme very difficult stuff. Here's a trailer movie. 

I can assure you there is no terrain that does not exist here in Utah..... and yea that includes what I just saw in your Vid, can't see how a rekluse wouldn't help or at least certainly does not hurt you. Then when it get's really technical in the slower gnarly boulder ridden crap where there are also logs laying all over the place, yea that's when the Rekluse shines.

Edited by Wrfrk

7 minutes ago, Wrfrk said:

I can assure you there is no terrain that does not exist here in Utah.....

Um don't be too sure.

That Tiger Tanker dude didn't seem to have any issues out your way. 

There is no place in the world like The Snake Pit. 

The Rekluse is no bueno for steep low rpm trails. 

For the Rekluse to work, you must be in an rpm twice the disengagment rpm, or it will slip.

That means shifting down and slowing down, and then the momentum is gone.

On flowing trails and track, it is less tiring, and less fun, and often faster, but still less fun.

Edited by Krannie McKranface
  • Like 1

Sounds like you're referring to using engine braking to control your speed? Well I've had a Rekluse in plenty of my bikes and I've learned to use them to my advantage and still use engine braking even for steep downhill...

As for track, one thing I really like is that you can lock that rear brake mid jump to pull your backend down without having to touch the clutch, just one less thing to worry about. I find the rekluse also helps with corner speed. Guess it's all just a matter of preference like with anything else and learning how to use the tools you got!

Ever since I learned how to use my clutch and brakes, I have had no desire for any kind of an auto clutch.  My brain and my left hand know precisely what they are doing.

You Cal guys have no clue of what technical riding is. That,s on even close . 

I honestly think the hate against the Rekluse comes from a macho man ego thing. My rekluse works just fine in tight technical and steep slow situations. It turns my YZ450 into a tractor and I love it. And it does NOT take away any fun, it just allows you to focus on other things like throttle control and body position. 

I haven't ridden the "snake pit" as I am up in northern CA so I can't speak for those specific trails but everything I have ridden here it has been an improvement. I will say though that after riding for 10 years without one there was a small adjustment period but after I got used to it I don't know if I would ever want to go back. 

3 minutes ago, tmeyer37 said:

I honestly think the hate against the Rekluse comes from a macho man ego thing. My rekluse works just fine in tight technical and steep slow situations. It turns my YZ450 into a tractor and I love it. And it does NOT take away any fun, it just allows you to focus on other things like throttle control and body position. 

I haven't ridden the "snake pit" as I am up in northern CA so I can't speak for those specific trails but everything I have ridden here it has been an improvement. I will say though that after riding for 10 years without one there was a small adjustment period but after I got used to it I don't know if I would ever want to go back. 

There was some recent punishment from a Northen ca. rider on a ride. Look up The Riddler I'm sure you'll change your mind on a ride. He can be found below.

OP looking forward to your thoughts. I have the same bike, thinking of the same clutch (it's my spare, so the 3.0 might be overkill lol).

Yea I'll for sure post up my OP on the X vs the Core 3.....

Just got it installed, will be testing tomorrow.

• Like 2

Awesome, hope it works well for you !

Just thought I'd post a little update. This thing is awesome anyone who thinks otherwise is smoking crack! Can't wait to get it out on the trail as that's where these really shine.

• Like 1