2010 crf250...Good? Bad? Ugly?

So I own a cr125 and I'm pretty comfortable with the bike. I'm thinking of selling it for a four stroke. Mine is just to particular. It's a fouler. I came across a 2010 crf250r online for $1800 bike looks clean and has a few additions to it. Is this a good year? What should I look for? Is this a good price? What can I expect to get from my 2005 cr125r?

It's a fouler.

Are you saying it fouls alot of plugs? That's kindergarten level motocross mechanics to diagnose and solve that problem. If you struggling with a 2 stroke, what are you going to do when it comes time to rebuild a 4 stroke?

2010 they had solved the valve issues with the earlier bikes and it runs better than the previous generations. It's still a dog though compared to current 250F standards, but is still a decent bike. Condition is key with a bike that in motocross years is considered elderly. Also keep in mind that $1800 price of admission could easily double if the bike is in need of a rebuild.
  • Like 1

Are you saying it fouls alot of plugs? That's kindergarten level motocross mechanics to diagnose and solve that problem. If you struggling with a 2 stroke, what are you going to do when it comes time to rebuild a 4 stroke?

2010 they had solved the valve issues with the earlier bikes and it runs better than the previous generations. It's still a dog though compared to current 250F standards, but is still a decent bike. Condition is key with a bike that in motocross years is considered elderly. Also keep in mind that $1800 price of admission could easily double if the bike is in need of a rebuild.

I do all my own work on my bikes. I've done all my top ends, tire changes, suspension rebuilds, hell I've split the cases on my bike and cleaned every part before reassembling, but I cannot figure out this foul problem. I'm not an idiot when it comes to mechanics. I want something that I can trail ride or track ride. And I havnt seen the bike in person, but the pictures look clean

I do all my own work on my bikes. I've done all my top ends, tire changes, suspension rebuilds, hell I've split the cases on my bike and cleaned every part before reassembling, but I cannot figure out this foul problem. I'm not an idiot when it comes to mechanics. I want something that I can trail ride or track ride. And I havnt seen the bike in person, but the pictures look clean